Pistachios: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Pistachios: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in pistachios?
For example, handful of pistachios (40 g) has about 223 calories.
It is about 9% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from handful pistachios is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 4 apples
- 2.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 slices of cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- 1.5 glasses of milk
- 11.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you have to bike at least 32 minutes, swim for about 26 minutes or run for 22 minutes.
Pistachios: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in handful, tablespoon or glass of pistachios?
As I wrote before 100g have 557 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, tablespoon or glass of pistachios.
- Handful of pistachios (40g)223 kcal
- Tablespoon of pistachios (15g)84 kcal
- Glass full of pistachios (180g)1003 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of pistachios158 kcal
- 10g of pistachios56 kcal
- 20g of pistachios111 kcal
- 50g of pistachios279 kcal
- 100g of pistachios557 kcal
Protein in pistachios
Pistachios have 20.6 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of pistachios (40 g) you can see that you will get about 8.2 g of protein.
Carbs in pistachios
Pistachios have 27.97 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of pistachios (40 g) has about 11.2 g of carbs.
Fat in pistachios
Pistachios have 44.44 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of pistachios (40 g) has about 17.8 g of fat.
handful of pistachios (40 g) has:223kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
pistachios - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A553 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.87 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.16 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)1.3 mg
- Vitaminium B50.52 mg
- Vitaminium B61.7 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)51 mcg
- Vitaminium C5 mg
- Vitaminium E22.6 mg
Energy content of pistachios
- 19% CARBS
- 14% PROTEIN
- 67% FAT
pistachios - minerals per 100g
- Potassium1025 mg
- Phosphorus376 mg
- Magnessium121 mg
- Calcium107 mg
- Sodium1 mg
- Iron4.15 mg
- Zink2.2 mg
- Beta karoten332 mg
Do pistachios make you fat? Whether it is good to eat pistachios on diet?
Count of calories in pistachios is one of the highest from all products in nuts category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific nuts, pistachios seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other nuts.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If pistachios contain nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does borage have?
- Calories in a half of celery
- Calories in whole celery
- Calories for one, two or more celeries
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in chervil?
- How much fat in chive?
- How much protein in coriander?
- What is weight of dandelion?
- Dill calories per ounce (oz)
- Epazote calories per serving size