Okra vs Yellow Squash : All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Okra
At first glance, you can see that in okra is much more calories than in yellow squash.
Okra has 33 kcal per 100g and yellow squash 16 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 106%.
In okra and in yellow squash most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare okra with yellow squash in details.
Fact 2: Okra And Yellow squash Nutrition Difference
Yellow squash vs Okra: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Okra||Yellow squash|
|Carbohydrates||7.5 g||3.35 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.18 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.8 g||1.1 g|
|Protein||2 g||1.21 g|
|Calcium||81 mg||15 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||0.35 mg|
|Magnessium||57 mg||17 mg|
|Potassium||303 mg||262 mg|
|Sodium||8 mg||2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.2 mg||0.048 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.06 mg||0.142 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1 mg||0.487 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.215 mg||0.218 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||88 mg||0.029 mg|
|Vitaminium C||21.1 mg||17 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.36 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium K||53 mg||0.003 mg|
More protein in okra
It is aslo easy to see see that in okra is more protein than in yellow squash.
There is 1.21g per 100g of yellow squash and 2g per 100g of okra so using simple math we can see that difference is about 65%.
More carbohydrates in okra
In okra is more carbohydrates than in yellow squash.
There is 3.35g/100g of carbohydrates in yellow squash and 7.5g/100g in okra so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 124%.
Less fat in okra
In okra is less fats than in yellow squash.
The tables above show us that there is 0.18g/100g of fats in yellow squash and 0.1g/100g in okra. In this case difference is about 80%.
- Carbohydrates7.5 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber3.8 g
- Protein2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | cup | half cup
- 77% CARBS.
- 21% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: yellow squash vs okra
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): okra 317% more than yellow squash
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): yellow squash 137% more than okra
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): okra 105% more than yellow squash
- Vitaminium B6: yellow squash 1% more than okra
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): okra 303348% more than yellow squash
- Vitaminium C: okra 24% more than yellow squash
- Vitaminium E: okra 200% more than yellow squash
- Vitaminium K: okra 1766567% more than yellow squash
Minerals: okra vs yellow squash
Compares of okra
- Okra vs Asparagus
- Okra vs Beetroot
- Okra vs Bitter Melon
- Okra vs Bok Choy
- Okra vs Broccoli
- Okra vs Brussels Sprouts
- see all compares of okra
Compares of yellow squash
- Calories from Okra
- Calories of Onion
- Calories in Parsnips
- Peas calories per 100g
- Potato carbs per 100g
- Pumpkin protein per 100g
- Purslane fat per 100g
- How many calories does salad chicory have?
- Calories in a half of rhubarb
- Calories in whole rhubarb
- Calories for one, two or more rhubarbs
- Calories in bunch of rhubarbs
- How much protein in salsify?