Maple Syrup: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Maple syrup: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in maple syrup?
To give you an idea, tablespoon of maple syrup (14 g) has about 36 calories.
It is about 2% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon maple syrup is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 1.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you have to bike at least 5 minutes, swim for about 4 minutes or run for 4 minutes.
Maple syrup: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in tablespoon, teaspoon, cup or half cup of maple syrup?
As I wrote before 100g has 260 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. tablespoon, teaspoon, cup or half cup of maple syrup.
- Tablespoon of maple syrup (14g)36 kcal
- Teaspoon of maple syrup (5g)13 kcal
- Cup of maple syrup (240g)624 kcal
- Half cup of maple syrup (240g)312 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of maple syrup74 kcal
- 10g of maple syrup26 kcal
- 20g of maple syrup52 kcal
- 50g of maple syrup130 kcal
- 100g of maple syrup260 kcal
Protein in maple syrup
maple syrup has 0.04 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of maple syrup (14 g) you can see that you will get about 0 g of protein.
Carbs in maple syrup
maple syrup has 67.04 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of maple syrup (14 g) has about 9.4 g of carbs.
Fat in maple syrup
maple syrup has 0.06 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that tablespoon of maple syrup (14 g) has about 0 g of fat.
tablespoon of maple syrup (14 g) has:36kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
maple syrup - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.066 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)1.27 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.081 mg
- Vitaminium B60.002 mg
Energy content of maple syrup
- 100% CARBS
- 0% PROTEIN
- 0% FAT
maple syrup - minerals per 100g
- Potassium212 mg
- Phosphorus2 mg
- Magnessium21 mg
- Calcium102 mg
- Sodium12 mg
- Iron0.11 mg
- Zink1.47 mg
Does maple syrup make you fat and how it affect your weight?
Count of calories in maple syrup is one of the highest from all products in sweets category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific sweets, maple syrup seems to be a bad choice. It is easy to find something better among other sweets.
You should consider that not only calories are important when you are on a diet. If maple syrup contains nutrition you need than maybe you should add it to your daily menu anyway?
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does blackberry juice have?
- Calories in tablespoon of soy sauce
- Calories in teaspoon of soy sauce
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in smoked sausage?
- How much fat in Gyoza dumplings?
- How much protein in funnel cake?
- What is weight of hummus Sabra?
- Flan calories per ounce (oz)
- Rice and chicken calories per serving size