Lima Beans vs Black Beans: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Lima beans
At first glance, you can see that in lima beans is just a little less calories than in black beans.
Lima beans has 338 kcal per 100g and black beans 341 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1%.
In lima beans and in black beans most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare lima beans with black beans in details.
Fact 2: Lima beans And Black beans Nutrition Difference
Black beans vs Lima beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Lima beans||Black beans|
|Carbohydrates||63.38 g||62.36 g|
|Fat||0.69 g||1.42 g|
|Dietary fiber||19 g||15.5 g|
|Protein||21.46 g||21.6 g|
|Calcium||81 mg||123 mg|
|Iron||7.51 mg||5.02 mg|
|Magnessium||224 mg||171 mg|
|Potassium||1724 mg||1483 mg|
|Sodium||18 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.507 mg||0.9 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.202 mg||0.193 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.537 mg||1.955 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.512 mg||0.286 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||395 mg||0.444 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.72 mg||0.21 mg|
|Vitaminium K||6 mg||0.006 mg|
Less protein in lima beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in lima beans is less protein than in black beans.
There is 21.6g per 100g of black beans and 21.46g per 100g of lima beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 1%.
More carbohydrates in lima beans
In lima beans is more carbohydrates than in black beans.
There is 62.36g/100g of carbohydrates in black beans and 63.38g/100g in lima beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 2%.
Less fat in lima beans
In lima beans is less fats than in black beans.
The tables above show us that there is 1.42g/100g of fats in black beans and 0.69g/100g in lima beans. In this case difference is about 106%.
- Carbohydrates63.38 g
- Fat0.69 g
- Dietary fiber19 g
- Protein21.46 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 73% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: black beans vs lima beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): black beans 78% more than lima beans
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): lima beans 5% more than black beans
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): black beans 27% more than lima beans
- Vitaminium B6: lima beans 79% more than black beans
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): lima beans 88864% more than black beans
- Vitaminium E: lima beans 243% more than black beans
- Vitaminium K: lima beans 99900% more than black beans
Minerals: lima beans vs black beans
Compares of lima beans
- Lima Beans vs Asparagus
- Lima Beans vs Broccoli
- Lima Beans vs Brussels Sprouts
- Lima Beans vs Cauliflower
- Lima Beans vs Eggplant
- Lima Beans vs Fava Beans
- see all compares of lima beans
Compares of black beans
- Calories from Lima beans
- Calories of Lotus root
- Calories in Moringa
- Mustard greens calories per 100g
- Okra carbs per 100g
- Onion protein per 100g
- Parsnips fat per 100g
- How many calories does peas have?
- Calories in a half of pumpkin
- Calories in whole pumpkin
- Calories for one, two or more pumpkins
- How much protein in purslane?
- Lima Beans vs Edamame nutrition
- Lima Beans vs Pinto Beans calories
- Lima Beans vs Kidney Beans protein
- Lima Beans vs Black Eyed Peas sugar
- Mustard Greens Leaves vs Collards vitamins
- Okra vs Yellow Squash dietary fiber
- Onion vs Green Onions vitaminium C
- Parsnips vs Jicama magnessium
- Parsnips vs Rutabaga potassium