Leek vs Onion: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Leek
At first glance, you can see that in leek is much more calories than in onion.
Leek has 61 kcal per 100g and onion 40 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 53%.
In leek and in onion most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare leek with onion in details.
Fact 2: Leek And Onion Nutrition Difference
Onion vs Leek: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||14.15 g||9.34 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.8 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||1.5 g||1.1 g|
|Calcium||59 mg||23 mg|
|Magnessium||28 mg||10 mg|
|Phosphorus||35 mg||29 mg|
|Potassium||180 mg||146 mg|
|Sodium||20 mg||4 mg|
|Zink||1.2 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.06 mg||0.046 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.03 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||0.116 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.14 mg||0.123 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.233 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||64 mg||19 mg|
|Vitaminium C||12 mg||7.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.92 mg||0.02 mg|
|Beta karoten||1000 mg||1 mg|
More protein in leek
It is aslo easy to see see that in leek is more protein than in onion.
There is 1.1g per 100g of onion and 1.5g per 100g of leek so using simple math we can see that difference is about 36%.
More carbohydrates in leek
In leek is more carbohydrates than in onion.
There is 9.34g/100g of carbohydrates in onion and 14.15g/100g in leek so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 51%.
More fat in leek
In leek is more fats than in onion.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in onion and 0.3g/100g in leek. In this case difference is about 200%.
- Carbohydrates14.15 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber1.8 g
- Protein1.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 87% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: onion vs leek
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): leek 30% more than onion
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): leek 11% more than onion
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): leek 245% more than onion
- Vitaminium B5: leek 14% more than onion
- Vitaminium B6: leek 94% more than onion
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): leek 237% more than onion
- Vitaminium C: leek 62% more than onion
- Vitaminium E: leek 4500% more than onion
- Beta karoten: leek 99900% more than onion
Minerals: leek vs onion
Compares of leek
- Leek vs Artichoke
- Leek vs Asparagus
- Leek vs Bamboo Shoots
- Leek vs Bok Choy
- Leek vs Broccoli
- Leek vs Cabbage
- see all compares of leek
Compares of onion
- Calories from Leek
- Calories of Lettuce
- Calories in Lima beans
- Lotus root calories per 100g
- Moringa carbs per 100g
- Mustard greens protein per 100g
- Okra fat per 100g
- How many calories does onion have?
- Calories in a half of peas
- Calories in whole peas
- Calories for one, two or more peas
- Calories in handful of peas
- Calories in tablespoon of peas
- How much protein in potato?