Green Pepper vs Sweet Pepper: Choose Wisely
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Sweet pepper vs Green pepper: Nutrition Comparison
|per 100g||Green pepper||Sweet pepper|
|Carbohydrates||4.6 g||6.03 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||1.1 g||0.99 g|
|Water||93.5 g||92.21 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.43 mg|
|Magnessium||9 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||176 mg||211 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.054 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.03 mg||0.085 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.979 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.27 mg||0.291 mg|
|Vitaminium C||91 mg||127.7 mg|
|Vitaminium E||3.1 mg||1.58 mg|
Less Calories in Green pepper
At first glance, you can see that in green pepper is much less calories than in sweet pepper.
In green pepper and in sweet pepper most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare green pepper with sweet pepper in details.
Green pepper And Sweet pepper Nutrition Difference
sweet pepper - 72% more than green pepper
sweet pepper - 31% more than green pepper
sweet pepper - 0% more than green pepper
- Dietary fiber:
sweet pepper - 5% more than green pepper
green pepper - 11% more than sweet pepper
green pepper - 1% more than sweet pepper
More protein in green pepper
It is aslo easy to see see that in green pepper is more protein than in sweet pepper.
There is 0.99g per 100g of sweet pepper and 1.1g per 100g of green pepper so using simple math we can see that difference is about 11%.
Less carbohydrates in green pepper
In green pepper is less carbohydrates than in sweet pepper.
There is 6.03g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet pepper and 4.6g/100g in green pepper so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 31%.
The same amount of fats
There is the same amount of fat in green pepper and sweet pepper - 0.3g/100g.
- Carbohydrates4.6 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein1.1 g
- Water93.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 72% CARBS.
- 17% PROTEIN
- 11% FAT
Vitamins: sweet pepper vs green pepper
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
sweet pepper - 35% more than green pepper
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
sweet pepper - 183% more than green pepper
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
sweet pepper - 63% more than green pepper
- Vitaminium B6:
sweet pepper - 8% more than green pepper
- Vitaminium C:
sweet pepper - 40% more than green pepper
- Vitaminium E:
green pepper - 96% more than sweet pepper
Minerals: green pepper vs sweet pepper
green pepper - 71% more than sweet pepper
green pepper - 16% more than sweet pepper
sweet pepper - 33% more than green pepper
sweet pepper - 20% more than green pepper
sweet pepper - 100% more than green pepper
Compares of green pepper
- Green Pepper vs Broccoli
- Green Pepper vs Cabbage
- Green Pepper vs Okra
- Green Pepper vs Pumpkin
- Green Pepper vs Spinach
- Green Pepper vs Zucchini
- see all compares of green pepper
Compares of sweet pepper
- Calories from Green pepper
- Calories of Cornmeal pancake
- Calories in Dried tomatoes
- Challah bread calories per 100g
- Jelly carbs per 100g
- Soybean protein per 100g
- Goat cheese (hard) fat per 100g
- How many calories does chorizo have?
- Calories in a half of mackerel
- Calories in whole mackerel
- Calories for one, two or more mackerel
- How much protein in smoked cheese?
- Cherry Tomato vs Grape Tomato nutrition
- Cherry Tomato vs Roma Tomato calories
- Mushrooms vs Portabella Mushrooms protein
- Mushrooms vs Oyster Mushrooms sugar
- Spaghetti Squash vs Yellow Squash vitamins
- Spaghetti Squash vs Acorn Squash dietary fiber
- Black Beans vs Edamame vitaminium C
- Black Beans vs Pinto Beans magnessium
- Black Beans vs Garbanzo Beans potassium