Goose vs Turkey: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Goose meat
At first glance, you can see that in goose meat is just a little less calories than in turkey meat.
Goose meat has 161 kcal per 100g and turkey meat 161 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 0%.
In goose meat and in turkey meat most calories came from protein.
See tables below to compare goose meat with turkey meat in details.
Fact 2: Goose meat And Turkey meat Nutrition Difference
Turkey meat vs Goose meat: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Fat||7.13 g||7.43 g|
|Protein||22.75 g||21.96 g|
|Water||68.3 g||70.68 g|
|Calcium||13 mg||11 mg|
|Iron||2.57 mg||0.75 mg|
|Magnessium||24 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||12 mg||0.3 mg|
|Potassium||420 mg||223 mg|
|Sodium||87 mg||105 mg|
|Zink||12 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.129 mg||0.038 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.377 mg||0.139 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.278 mg||8.968 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.64 mg||0.711 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.031 mg||0.007 mg|
More protein in goose meat
It is aslo easy to see see that in goose meat is more protein than in turkey meat.
There is 21.96g per 100g of turkey meat and 22.75g per 100g of goose meat so using simple math we can see that difference is about 4%.
Less fat in goose meat
In goose meat is less fats than in turkey meat.
The tables above show us that there is 7.43g/100g of fats in turkey meat and 7.13g/100g in goose meat. In this case difference is about 4%.
- Fat7.13 g
- Protein22.75 g
- Water68.3 g
100g | ounce | single piece | breast | thigh
- 0% CARBS.
- 59% PROTEIN
- 41% FAT
Vitamins: turkey meat vs goose meat
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): goose meat 239% more than turkey meat
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): goose meat 171% more than turkey meat
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): turkey meat 110% more than goose meat
- Vitaminium B6: turkey meat 11% more than goose meat
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): goose meat 343% more than turkey meat
Minerals: goose meat vs turkey meat
- Calcium: goose meat 18% more than turkey meat
- Iron: goose meat 243% more than turkey meat
- Magnessium: turkey meat 4% more than goose meat
- Phosphorus: goose meat 3900% more than turkey meat
- Potassium: goose meat 88% more than turkey meat
- Sodium: turkey meat 21% more than goose meat
- Zink: goose meat 3900% more than turkey meat
Compares of goose meat
- Goose Meat vs Chicken
- Goose Meat vs Chicken Leg
- Goose Meat vs Duck Meat
- Goose Meat vs Turkey Meat
- Goose Meat vs Beef Jerky
- Goose Meat vs Steak
- see all compares of goose meat
Compares of turkey meat
- Calories from Goose
- Calories of Cherry juice
- Calories in Cod
- Cranberry juice calories per 100g
- Instant coffee carbs per 100g
- Oxtail protein per 100g
- Calamari fat per 100g
- How many calories does jumbo egg have?
- Calories in a half of unsweetened almond milk
- Calories in whole unsweetened almond milk
- Calories for one, two or more unsweetened almond milk
- Calories in glass of unsweetened almond milk
- How much protein in ghee?