Edamame vs Peanuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Edamame
At first glance, you can see that in edamame is much less calories than in peanuts.
Edamame has 121 kcal per 100g and peanuts 567 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 369%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in edamame cames from protein and in peanuts from fat.
See tables below to compare edamame with peanuts in details.
Fact 2: Edamame And Peanuts Nutrition Difference
Peanuts vs Edamame: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||8.91 g||16.13 g|
|Fat||5.2 g||49.24 g|
|Dietary fiber||5.2 g||8.5 g|
|Protein||11.91 g||25.8 g|
|Calcium||63 mg||92 mg|
|Iron||2.27 mg||4.58 mg|
|Magnessium||64 mg||168 mg|
|Potassium||436 mg||705 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||18 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.2 mg||0.64 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.155 mg||0.135 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.915 mg||12.066 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.1 mg||0.348 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.311 mg||240 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.68 mg||8.33 mg|
Less protein in edamame
It is aslo easy to see see that in edamame is less protein than in peanuts.
There is 25.8g per 100g of peanuts and 11.91g per 100g of edamame so using simple math we can see that difference is about 117%.
Less carbohydrates in edamame
In edamame is less carbohydrates than in peanuts.
There is 16.13g/100g of carbohydrates in peanuts and 8.91g/100g in edamame so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 81%.
Less fat in edamame
In edamame is less fats than in peanuts.
The tables above show us that there is 49.24g/100g of fats in peanuts and 5.2g/100g in edamame. In this case difference is about 847%.
- Carbohydrates8.91 g
- Fat5.2 g
- Dietary fiber5.2 g
- Protein11.91 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 27% CARBS.
- 37% PROTEIN
- 36% FAT
Vitamins: peanuts vs edamame
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): peanuts 220% more than edamame
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): edamame 15% more than peanuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): peanuts 1219% more than edamame
- Vitaminium B6: peanuts 248% more than edamame
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): peanuts 77070% more than edamame
- Vitaminium E: peanuts 1125% more than edamame
Minerals: edamame vs peanuts
Compares of edamame
- Edamame vs Broccoli
- Edamame vs Fava Beans
- Edamame vs Lima Beans
- Edamame vs Peas
- Edamame vs Lentil
- Edamame vs Black Beans
- see all compares of edamame
Compares of peanuts
- Calories from Edamame
- Calories of Peanut flour
- Calories in English muffin
- Potato pancake calories per 100g
- Fried tilapia carbs per 100g
- Boiled rice protein per 100g
- Dried coconut fat per 100g
- How many calories does red potato have?
- Calories in a half of canned beans
- Calories in whole canned beans
- Calories for one, two or more canned beans
- Calories in handful of canned beans
- Calories in tablespoon of canned beans
- How much protein in cheese bread?