Edam Cheese vs Parmesan: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Edam cheese
At first glance, you can see that in Edam cheese is less calories than in Parmesan.
Edam cheese has 357 kcal per 100g and Parmesan 392 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 10%.
In Edam cheese and in Parmesan most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Edam cheese with Parmesan in details.
Fact 2: Edam cheese And Parmesan Nutrition Difference
Parmesan vs Edam cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Edam cheese||Parmesan|
|Carbohydrates||1.43 g||3.22 g|
|Fat||28.57 g||25 g|
|Protein||24.99 g||35.75 g|
|Water||41 g||30 g|
|Calcium||731 mg||1184 mg|
|Iron||0.44 mg||0.82 mg|
|Magnessium||30 mg||44 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||1.7 mg|
|Potassium||188 mg||92 mg|
|Sodium||973 mg||1175 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||1.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.037 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.389 mg||0.332 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.082 mg||0.271 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.076 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.016 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.22 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in Edam cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in Edam cheese is less protein than in Parmesan.
There is 35.75g per 100g of Parmesan and 24.99g per 100g of Edam cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 43%.
Less carbohydrates in Edam cheese
In Edam cheese is less carbohydrates than in Parmesan.
There is 3.22g/100g of carbohydrates in Parmesan and 1.43g/100g in Edam cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 125%.
More fat in Edam cheese
In Edam cheese is more fats than in Parmesan.
The tables above show us that there is 25g/100g of fats in Parmesan and 28.57g/100g in Edam cheese. In this case difference is about 14%.
- Carbohydrates1.43 g
- Fat28.57 g
- Protein24.99 g
- Water41 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 28% PROTEIN
- 71% FAT
Vitamins: Parmesan vs Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Parmesan 5% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Edam cheese 17% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Parmesan 230% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B6: Parmesan 20% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Edam cheese 129% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium E: Edam cheese 9% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium K: Parmesan 0% more than Edam cheese
Minerals: Edam cheese vs Parmesan
- Calcium: Parmesan 62% more than Edam cheese
- Iron: Parmesan 86% more than Edam cheese
- Magnessium: Parmesan 47% more than Edam cheese
- Phosphorus: Edam cheese 35% more than Parmesan
- Potassium: Edam cheese 104% more than Parmesan
- Sodium: Parmesan 21% more than Edam cheese
- Zink: Edam cheese 35% more than Parmesan
Compares of Edam cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Brie
- Edam Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Gouda Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Parmesan
- Edam Cheese vs Swiss Cheese
- see all compares of Edam cheese
Compares of Parmesan
- Calories from Edam cheese
- Calories of Almond oil
- Calories in Blackberry juice
- Rum calories per 100g
- Soy sauce carbs per 100g
- Smoked sausage protein per 100g
- Gyoza dumplings fat per 100g
- How many calories does funnel cake have?
- Calories in a half of Jm Beam
- Calories in whole Jm Beam
- Calories for one, two or more Jm Beam
- Calories in glass of Jm Beam
- Calories in cup of Jm Beam
- Calories in shot (small glass) of Jm Beam
- How much protein in fudge?
- Edam Cheese vs Swiss Cheese nutrition
- Edam Cheese vs Egg calories
- Edam Cheese vs Cheddar protein
- Edam Cheese vs Mozzarella sugar
- Edam Cheese vs Halloumi vitamins
- Feta Cheese vs Gouda Cheese dietary fiber
- Feta Cheese vs Parmesan vitaminium C
- Feta Cheese vs Swiss Cheese magnessium
- Feta Cheese vs Egg potassium