Corned Beef vs Brisket: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Corn beef
At first glance, you can see that in corn beef is much more calories than in brisket.
Corn beef has 251 kcal per 100g and brisket 157 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 60%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in corn beef cames from fat and in brisket from protein.
See tables below to compare corn beef with brisket in details.
Fact 2: Corn beef And Brisket Nutrition Difference
Brisket vs Corn beef: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Corned beef||Brisket|
|Carbohydrates||0.47 g||0.6 g|
|Fat||18.98 g||7.37 g|
|Protein||18.17 g||20.72 g|
|Water||59.79 g||70.29 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||5 mg|
|Iron||1.86 mg||1.92 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||23 mg|
|Potassium||145 mg||330 mg|
|Sodium||973 mg||79 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.026 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.03 mg||3.94 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.23 mg||0.42 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.006 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.16 mg||0.32 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.001 mg|
Less protein in corn beef
It is aslo easy to see see that in corn beef is less protein than in brisket.
There is 20.72g per 100g of brisket and 18.17g per 100g of corn beef so using simple math we can see that difference is about 14%.
Less carbohydrates in corn beef
In corn beef is less carbohydrates than in brisket.
There is 0.6g/100g of carbohydrates in brisket and 0.47g/100g in corn beef so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 28%.
More fat in corn beef
In corn beef is more fats than in brisket.
The tables above show us that there is 7.37g/100g of fats in brisket and 18.98g/100g in corn beef. In this case difference is about 158%.
- Carbohydrates0.47 g
- Fat18.98 g
- Protein18.17 g
- Water59.79 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | slice | cup | half cup
- 1% CARBS.
- 30% PROTEIN
- 70% FAT
Vitamins: brisket vs corn beef
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): brisket 285% more than corn beef
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): brisket 0% more than corn beef
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): brisket 30% more than corn beef
- Vitaminium B6: brisket 83% more than corn beef
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): brisket 17% more than corn beef
- Vitaminium E: brisket 100% more than corn beef
- Vitaminium K: corn beef 100% more than brisket
Minerals: corn beef vs brisket
Compares of corn beef
- Corn Beef vs Beef
- Corn Beef vs Roast Beef
- Corn Beef vs Brisket
- Corn Beef vs Pastrami
- see all compares of corn beef
Compares of brisket
- Calories from Corned beef
- Calories of Pork sandwich
- Calories in Buffalo wings
- Turkish coffee calories per 100g
- Iceberg lettuce carbs per 100g
- Cinnabon protein per 100g
- Tuna salad with mayonnaise fat per 100g
- How many calories does Soft Taco have?
- Calories in a half of Spaghetti squash
- Calories in whole Spaghetti squash
- Calories for one, two or more Spaghetti squash
- How much protein in cooked barley?
- Brisket vs Flank Steak nutrition
- Brisket vs Skirt Steak calories
- Brisket vs Prime Rib protein
- Lamb Chop vs Venison sugar
- Lamb Chop vs Oxtail vitamins
- Flank Steak vs Skirt Steak dietary fiber
- Flank Steak vs Prime Rib vitaminium C
- T-Bone Steak vs Porterhouse Steak magnessium
- Prime Rib vs Porterhouse Steak potassium