White Cheese vs Cheddar: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in White cheese
At first glance, you can see that in white cheese is much less calories than in cheddar.
White cheese has 98 kcal per 100g and cheddar 410 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 318%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in white cheese cames from protein and in cheddar from fat.
See tables below to compare white cheese with cheddar in details.
Fact 2: White cheese And Cheddar Nutrition Difference
Cheddar vs White cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||White cheese||Cheddar|
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||2.13 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||33.82 g|
|Protein||11.12 g||24.25 g|
|Water||79.79 g||36.15 g|
|Calcium||83 mg||711 mg|
|Iron||0.07 mg||0.16 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||2.4 mg|
|Potassium||104 mg||76 mg|
|Sodium||315 mg||644 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.027 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.163 mg||0.434 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.099 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.046 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.012 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.78 mg|
Less protein in white cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in white cheese is less protein than in cheddar.
There is 24.25g per 100g of cheddar and 11.12g per 100g of white cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 118%.
More carbohydrates in white cheese
In white cheese is more carbohydrates than in cheddar.
There is 2.13g/100g of carbohydrates in cheddar and 3.38g/100g in white cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 59%.
Less fat in white cheese
In white cheese is less fats than in cheddar.
The tables above show us that there is 33.82g/100g of fats in cheddar and 4.3g/100g in white cheese. In this case difference is about 687%.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein11.12 g
- Water79.79 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | slice | cup | crumbled
- 14% CARBS.
- 46% PROTEIN
- 40% FAT
Vitamins: cheddar vs white cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cheddar 0% more than white cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cheddar 166% more than white cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): white cheese 154% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B6: cheddar 63% more than white cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cheddar 125% more than white cheese
- Vitaminium E: cheddar 875% more than white cheese
Minerals: white cheese vs cheddar
- Calcium: cheddar 757% more than white cheese
- Iron: cheddar 129% more than white cheese
- Magnessium: cheddar 238% more than white cheese
- Phosphorus: cheddar 2300% more than white cheese
- Potassium: white cheese 37% more than cheddar
- Sodium: cheddar 104% more than white cheese
- Zink: cheddar 2300% more than white cheese
Compares of white cheese
- White Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- White Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- White Cheese vs Gouda Cheese
- White Cheese vs Egg
- White Cheese vs Plain Yogurt
- White Cheese vs Cheddar
- see all compares of white cheese
Compares of cheddar
- Calories from White cheese
- Calories of Olive oil
- Calories in Poultry sausage
- Minced beef calories per 100g
- Tilapia (fillet, meat) carbs per 100g
- Pudding protein per 100g
- Clams fat per 100g
- How many calories does apple turnover have?
- Calories in a half of milky coffee
- Calories in whole milky coffee
- Calories for one, two or more milky coffee
- Calories in glass of milky coffee
- How much protein in stuffing?
- White Cheese vs Mozzarella nutrition
- White Cheese vs Halloumi calories
- Cottage Cheese vs Edam Cheese protein
- Cottage Cheese vs Feta Cheese sugar
- Cottage Cheese vs Gouda Cheese vitamins
- Cottage Cheese vs Parmesan dietary fiber
- Cottage Cheese vs Swiss Cheese vitaminium C
- Cottage Cheese vs Milk magnessium
- Cottage Cheese vs Buttermilk potassium