Turmeric vs Cumin: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Turmeric
At first glance, you can see that in turmeric is just a little less calories than in Cumin.
Turmeric has 354 kcal per 100g and Cumin 375 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 6%.
In turmeric and in Cumin most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare turmeric with Cumin in details.
Fact 2: Turmeric And Cumin Nutrition Difference
Cumin vs Turmeric: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||64.9 g||44.24 g|
|Fat||9.88 g||22.27 g|
|Dietary fiber||21 g||10.5 g|
|Protein||7.83 g||17.81 g|
|Calcium||183 mg||931 mg|
|Iron||41.42 mg||66.36 mg|
|Magnessium||193 mg||366 mg|
|Potassium||2525 mg||1788 mg|
|Sodium||38 mg||168 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.233 mg||0.327 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||5.14 mg||4.579 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||1.8 mg||0.435 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||39 mg||0.01 mg|
|Vitaminium C||25.9 mg||7.7 mg|
|Vitaminium E||3.1 mg||3.33 mg|
|Vitaminium K||13.4 mg||0.005 mg|
Less protein in turmeric
It is aslo easy to see see that in turmeric is less protein than in Cumin.
There is 17.81g per 100g of Cumin and 7.83g per 100g of turmeric so using simple math we can see that difference is about 127%.
More carbohydrates in turmeric
In turmeric is more carbohydrates than in Cumin.
There is 44.24g/100g of carbohydrates in Cumin and 64.9g/100g in turmeric so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 47%.
Less fat in turmeric
In turmeric is less fats than in Cumin.
The tables above show us that there is 22.27g/100g of fats in Cumin and 9.88g/100g in turmeric. In this case difference is about 125%.
- Carbohydrates64.9 g
- Fat9.88 g
- Dietary fiber21 g
- Protein7.83 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 68% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 23% FAT
Vitamins: Cumin vs turmeric
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Cumin 40% more than turmeric
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): turmeric 12% more than Cumin
- Vitaminium B6: turmeric 314% more than Cumin
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): turmeric 389900% more than Cumin
- Vitaminium C: turmeric 236% more than Cumin
- Vitaminium E: Cumin 7% more than turmeric
- Vitaminium K: turmeric 267900% more than Cumin
Minerals: turmeric vs Cumin
Compares of turmeric
- Turmeric vs Celery
- Turmeric vs Cinnamon
- Turmeric vs Ginger
- Turmeric vs Moringa
- Turmeric vs Cardamom
- Turmeric vs Cumin
- see all compares of turmeric
Compares of Cumin
- see all compares of Cumin
- Calories from Turmeric
- Calories of Apricot
- Calories in Avocado
- Banana calories per 100g
- Apple carbs per 100g
- Blackberries protein per 100g
- Blackcurrant fat per 100g
- How many calories do blueberries have?
- Calories in a half of cherimoya
- Calories in whole cherimoya
- Calories for one, two or more cherimoyas
- How much protein in cherries?