Tuna vs Tilapia (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Tuna vs tilapia - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in tuna is much more calories than in tilapia.
Tuna has 144 kcal per 100g and tilapia 96 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 50 %.
In tuna and in tilapia most calories came from protein.
tuna or tilapia - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: tuna - 50% more than tilapia
- Fat: tuna - 188% more than tilapia
- Protein: tuna - 16% more than tilapia
- Water: tilapia - 15% more than tuna
Tuna vs tilapia nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Tuna||Tilapia (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||4.9 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||23.33 g||20.08 g|
|Water||68.09 g||78.08 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||1.02 mg||0.56 mg|
|Magnessium||50 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||5.7 mg||1.4 mg|
|Potassium||252 mg||302 mg|
|Sodium||39 mg||52 mg|
|Zink||5.7 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.241 mg||0.041 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.251 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.654 mg||3.903 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.455 mg||0.162 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.002 mg||0.024 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1 mg||0.4 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in tuna is more protein than in tilapia.
There is 20.08g per 100g of tilapia and 23.33g per 100g of tuna so using simple math we can see that difference is about 16 %.
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in tuna and tilapia - 0g/100g.
In tuna is more fats than in tilapia.
The tables above show us that there is 1.7g/100g of fats in tilapia and 4.9g/100g in tuna. In this case difference is about 188 %.
See tables below to compare tuna with tilapia in details.
- Fat4.9 g
- Protein23.33 g
- Water68.09 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup of canned fish | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 68% PROTEIN
- 32% FAT
Vitamins: tilapia vs tuna
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): tuna 488% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): tuna 298% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): tuna 122% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium B6: tuna 181% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): tilapia 1100% more than tuna
- Vitaminium E: tuna 150% more than tilapia
Minerals: tuna vs tilapia
Compares of tuna
- Tuna vs Anchovy
- Tuna vs Carp
- Tuna vs Cod Fillet
- Tuna vs Eel
- Tuna vs Flounder
- Tuna vs Halibut
- see all compares of tuna
Compares of tilapia
- Calories from Tuna
- Calories of Belriso
- Calories in Bosc pear
- Mango lassi calories per 100g
- Buttered bagel carbs per 100g
- Pozole soup (canned) protein per 100g
- Chow mein fat per 100g
- How many calories does Digiorno Pizza have?
- Calories in a half of pineapple salad
- Calories in whole pineapple salad
- Calories for one, two or more pineapple salad
- How much protein in chicken finger?