Tuna vs Salmon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Tuna vs salmon - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in tuna is more calories than in salmon.
Tuna has 144 kcal per 100g and salmon 208 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 44 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in tuna cames from protein and in salmon from fat.
tuna or salmon - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: salmon - 44% more than tuna
- Fat: salmon - 174% more than tuna
- Protein: tuna - 14% more than salmon
- Water: tuna - 5% more than salmon
Tuna vs salmon nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Fat||4.9 g||13.42 g|
|Protein||23.33 g||20.42 g|
|Water||68.09 g||64.89 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||1.02 mg||0.34 mg|
|Magnessium||50 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||5.7 mg||0.5 mg|
|Potassium||252 mg||363 mg|
|Sodium||39 mg||59 mg|
|Zink||5.7 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.241 mg||0.207 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.251 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.654 mg||8.672 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.455 mg||0.636 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.002 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1 mg||3.55 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in tuna is more protein than in salmon.
There is 20.42g per 100g of salmon and 23.33g per 100g of tuna so using simple math we can see that difference is about 14 %.
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in tuna and salmon - 0g/100g.
In tuna is less fats than in salmon.
The tables above show us that there is 13.42g/100g of fats in salmon and 4.9g/100g in tuna. In this case difference is about 174 %.
See tables below to compare tuna with salmon in details.
- Fat4.9 g
- Protein23.33 g
- Water68.09 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup of canned fish | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 68% PROTEIN
- 32% FAT
Vitamins: salmon vs tuna
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): tuna 16% more than salmon
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): tuna 62% more than salmon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): salmon 0% more than tuna
- Vitaminium B6: salmon 40% more than tuna
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): salmon 1200% more than tuna
- Vitaminium E: salmon 255% more than tuna
Minerals: tuna vs salmon
Compares of tuna
- Tuna vs Anchovy
- Tuna vs Carp
- Tuna vs Cod Fillet
- Tuna vs Eel
- Tuna vs Flounder
- Tuna vs Halibut
- see all compares of tuna
Compares of salmon
- Calories from Tuna
- Calories of Belriso
- Calories in Bosc pear
- Mango lassi calories per 100g
- Buttered bagel carbs per 100g
- Pozole soup (canned) protein per 100g
- Chow mein fat per 100g
- How many calories does Digiorno Pizza have?
- Calories in a half of pineapple salad
- Calories in whole pineapple salad
- Calories for one, two or more pineapple salad
- How much protein in chicken finger?