Sweet Potato vs Yam: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Sweet potato vs yam - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in sweet potato is more calories than in yam.
Sweet potato has 86 kcal per 100g and yam 108 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 26 %.
In sweet potato and in yam most calories came from carbs.
sweet potato or yam - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: yam - 26% more than sweet potato
- Carbohydrates: yam - 39% more than sweet potato
- Fat: yam - 240% more than sweet potato
- Dietary fiber: yam - 37% more than sweet potato
- Protein: sweet potato - 5% more than yam
Sweet potato vs yam nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Sweet potato||Yam|
|Carbohydrates||20.12 g||27.88 g|
|Fat||0.05 g||0.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||4.1 g|
|Protein||1.6 g||1.53 g|
|Calcium||30 mg||17 mg|
|Iron||0.61 mg||0.54 mg|
|Magnessium||25 mg||21 mg|
|Phosphorus||47 mg||55 mg|
|Potassium||337 mg||816 mg|
|Sodium||55 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||0.3 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.078 mg||0.112 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.061 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.557 mg||0.552 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.8 mg||0.314 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.209 mg||0.293 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||11 mg||23 mg|
|Vitaminium C||2.4 mg||17.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.26 mg||0.35 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.8 mg||2.3 mg|
|Beta karoten||8509 mg||83 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in sweet potato is more protein than in yam.
There is 1.53g per 100g of yam and 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato so using simple math we can see that difference is about 5 %.
In sweet potato is less carbohydrates than in yam.
There is 27.88g/100g of carbohydrates in yam and 20.12g/100g in sweet potato so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 39 %.
In sweet potato is less fats than in yam.
The tables above show us that there is 0.17g/100g of fats in yam and 0.05g/100g in sweet potato. In this case difference is about 240 %.
See tables below to compare sweet potato with yam in details.
- Carbohydrates20.12 g
- Fat0.05 g
- Dietary fiber3 g
- Protein1.6 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | cubes | cup | mashed
- 92% CARBS.
- 7% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: yam vs sweet potato
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): yam 44% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sweet potato 91% more than yam
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sweet potato 1% more than yam
- Vitaminium B5: sweet potato 155% more than yam
- Vitaminium B6: yam 40% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): yam 109% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium C: yam 613% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium E: yam 35% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium K: yam 28% more than sweet potato
- Beta karoten: sweet potato 10152% more than yam
Minerals: sweet potato vs yam
Compares of sweet potato
- Sweet Potato vs Artichoke
- Sweet Potato vs Asparagus
- Sweet Potato vs Beetroot
- Sweet Potato vs Pepper
- Sweet Potato vs Bitter Melon
- Sweet Potato vs Broccoli
- see all compares of sweet potato