Sweet Potato vs Oatmeal: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Sweet potato
At first glance, you can see that in sweet potato is less calories than in oatmeal.
Sweet potato has 86 kcal per 100g and oatmeal 68 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 26 %.
In sweet potato and in oatmeal most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare sweet potato with oatmeal in details.
Fact 2: Sweet potato And Oatmeal Nutrition Difference
Oatmeal vs Sweet potato: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sweet potato||Oatmeal|
|Carbohydrates||20.12 g||11.67 g|
|Fat||0.05 g||1.36 g|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||1.6 g||2.37 g|
|Calcium||30 mg||80 mg|
|Iron||0.61 mg||5.96 mg|
|Magnessium||25 mg||26 mg|
|Phosphorus||47 mg||77 mg|
|Potassium||337 mg||61 mg|
|Sodium||55 mg||49 mg|
|Zink||0.3 mg||0.62 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.061 mg||0.215 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.557 mg||3.025 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.8 mg||0.317 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.209 mg||0.29 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||11 mg||39 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.26 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.8 mg||0.4 mg|
Less protein in sweet potato
It is aslo easy to see see that in sweet potato is less protein than in oatmeal.
There is 2.37g per 100g of oatmeal and 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato so using simple math we can see that difference is about 48 %.
More carbohydrates in sweet potato
In sweet potato is more carbohydrates than in oatmeal.
There is 11.67g/100g of carbohydrates in oatmeal and 20.12g/100g in sweet potato so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 72 %.
Less fat in sweet potato
In sweet potato is less fats than in oatmeal.
The tables above show us that there is 1.36g/100g of fats in oatmeal and 0.05g/100g in sweet potato. In this case difference is about 2620 %.
- Carbohydrates20.12 g
- Fat0.05 g
- Dietary fiber3 g
- Protein1.6 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | cubes | cup | mashed
- 92% CARBS.
- 7% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: oatmeal vs sweet potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): oatmeal 252% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): oatmeal 443% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B5: sweet potato 152% more than oatmeal
- Vitaminium B6: oatmeal 39% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): oatmeal 255% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium E: sweet potato 271% more than oatmeal
- Vitaminium K: sweet potato 350% more than oatmeal
Minerals: sweet potato vs oatmeal
- Calcium: oatmeal 167% more than sweet potato
- Iron: oatmeal 877% more than sweet potato
- Magnessium: oatmeal 4% more than sweet potato
- Phosphorus: oatmeal 64% more than sweet potato
- Potassium: sweet potato 452% more than oatmeal
- Sodium: sweet potato 12% more than oatmeal
- Zink: oatmeal 107% more than sweet potato
Compares of sweet potato
- Sweet Potato vs Artichoke
- Sweet Potato vs Asparagus
- Sweet Potato vs Beetroot
- Sweet Potato vs Pepper
- Sweet Potato vs Bitter Melon
- Sweet Potato vs Broccoli
- see all compares of sweet potato