Sunflower Seeds vs Cashew Nuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Sunflower
At first glance, you can see that in sunflower is just a little more calories than in cashew nuts.
Sunflower has 584 kcal per 100g and cashew nuts 553 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 6%.
In sunflower and in cashew nuts most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare sunflower with cashew nuts in details.
Fact 2: Sunflower And Cashew nuts Nutrition Difference
Cashew nuts vs Sunflower: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sunflower Seeds||Cashew nuts|
|Carbohydrates||20 g||30.19 g|
|Fat||51.46 g||43.85 g|
|Dietary fiber||8.6 g||3.3 g|
|Protein||20.78 g||18.22 g|
|Calcium||78 mg||37 mg|
|Iron||5.25 mg||6.68 mg|
|Magnessium||325 mg||292 mg|
|Phosphorus||660 mg||593 mg|
|Potassium||645 mg||660 mg|
|Sodium||9 mg||12 mg|
|Zink||5 mg||5.78 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||1.48 mg||0.423 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.355 mg||0.058 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.335 mg||1.062 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||1.13 mg||0.864 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||1.345 mg||0.417 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||227 mg||25 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.4 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium E||35.17 mg||5.31 mg|
More protein in sunflower
It is aslo easy to see see that in sunflower is more protein than in cashew nuts.
There is 18.22g per 100g of cashew nuts and 20.78g per 100g of sunflower so using simple math we can see that difference is about 14%.
Less carbohydrates in sunflower
In sunflower is less carbohydrates than in cashew nuts.
There is 30.19g/100g of carbohydrates in cashew nuts and 20g/100g in sunflower so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 51%.
More fat in sunflower
In sunflower is more fats than in cashew nuts.
The tables above show us that there is 43.85g/100g of fats in cashew nuts and 51.46g/100g in sunflower. In this case difference is about 17%.
- Carbohydrates20 g
- Fat51.46 g
- Dietary fiber8.6 g
- Protein20.78 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 13% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 74% FAT
Vitamins: cashew nuts vs sunflower
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sunflower 250% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sunflower 512% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sunflower 685% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B5: sunflower 31% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B6: sunflower 223% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sunflower 808% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium C: sunflower 180% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium E: sunflower 562% more than cashew nuts
Minerals: sunflower vs cashew nuts
- Calcium: sunflower 111% more than cashew nuts
- Iron: cashew nuts 27% more than sunflower
- Magnessium: sunflower 11% more than cashew nuts
- Phosphorus: sunflower 11% more than cashew nuts
- Potassium: cashew nuts 2% more than sunflower
- Sodium: cashew nuts 33% more than sunflower
- Zink: cashew nuts 16% more than sunflower
Compares of sunflower
- Sunflower vs Buckwheat
- Sunflower vs Chia Seeds
- Sunflower vs Poppy Seed
- Sunflower vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Sunflower vs Quinoa
- Sunflower vs Sesame
- see all compares of sunflower
Compares of cashew nuts
- see all compares of cashew nuts
- Calories from Sunflower Seeds
- Calories of Walnuts
- Calories in Basil
- Borage calories per 100g
- Burdock carbs per 100g
- Celery protein per 100g
- Chervil fat per 100g
- How many calories does chive have?
- Calories in handful of dandelions
- Calories in tablespoon of dandelions
- Calories in bunch of dandelions
- How much protein in dill?