Squid vs Shrimp: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Squid vs shrimp - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in squid is just a little more calories than in shrimp.
Squid has 92 kcal per 100g and shrimp 85 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 8 %.
In squid and in shrimp most calories came from protein.
squid or shrimp - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: squid - 8% more than shrimp
- Fat: squid - 171% more than shrimp
- Protein: shrimp - 29% more than squid
- Water: squid - 0% more than shrimp
Squid vs shrimp nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Fat||1.38 g||0.51 g|
|Protein||15.58 g||20.1 g|
|Water||78.55 g||78.45 g|
|Calcium||32 mg||64 mg|
|Iron||0.68 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||33 mg||35 mg|
|Phosphorus||10 mg||214 mg|
|Potassium||246 mg||264 mg|
|Sodium||44 mg||119 mg|
|Zink||10 mg||1.34 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in squid is less protein than in shrimp.
There is 20.1g per 100g of shrimp and 15.58g per 100g of squid so using simple math we can see that difference is about 29 %.
In squid is carbohydrates than in shrimp.
There is 0g/100g of carbohydrates in shrimp and 3.08g/100g in squid so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 0 %.
In squid is more fats than in shrimp.
The tables above show us that there is 0.51g/100g of fats in shrimp and 1.38g/100g in squid. In this case difference is about 171 %.
See tables below to compare squid with shrimp in details.
- Fat1.38 g
- Protein15.58 g
- Water78.55 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | ring | cup | half cup
- 14% CARBS.
- 72% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
Compares of squid
Compares of shrimp
- Calories from Squid
- Calories of Agave syrup
- Calories in Zebra cakes
- Cucumber sushi roll calories per 100g
- Cutie clementine carbs per 100g
- Ricotta cheese protein per 100g
- Kalamata olives fat per 100g
- How many calories do Sun Chips have?
- Calories in a half of beef salad
- Calories in whole beef salad
- Calories for one, two or more beef salad
- How much protein in pulled pork sandwich?