Sponge Cake vs Croissant: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Sponge cake
At first glance, you can see that in sponge cake is less calories than in croissant.
Sponge cake has 297 kcal per 100g and croissant 406 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 37%.
In sponge cake and in croissant most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare sponge cake with croissant in details.
Fact 2: Sponge cake And Croissant Nutrition Difference
Croissant vs Sponge cake: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sponge cake||Croissant|
|Carbohydrates||57.7 g||45.8 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||21 g|
|Protein||7.3 g||8.2 g|
|Water||29.4 g||23.2 g|
|Calcium||42 mg||37 mg|
|Iron||1.58 mg||2.03 mg|
|Magnessium||9 mg||16 mg|
|Phosphorus||77 mg||1.8 mg|
|Potassium||141 mg||118 mg|
|Sodium||228 mg||384 mg|
|Zink||77 mg||1.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.159 mg||0.388 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.301 mg||0.241 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.204 mg||2.188 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.059 mg||0.058 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.053 mg||0.13 mg|
Less protein in sponge cake
It is aslo easy to see see that in sponge cake is less protein than in croissant.
There is 8.2g per 100g of croissant and 7.3g per 100g of sponge cake so using simple math we can see that difference is about 12%.
More carbohydrates in sponge cake
In sponge cake is more carbohydrates than in croissant.
There is 45.8g/100g of carbohydrates in croissant and 57.7g/100g in sponge cake so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 26%.
Less fat in sponge cake
In sponge cake is less fats than in croissant.
The tables above show us that there is 21g/100g of fats in croissant and 4.3g/100g in sponge cake. In this case difference is about 388%.
- Carbohydrates57.7 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein7.3 g
- Water29.4 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | whole cake
- 77% CARBS.
- 10% PROTEIN
- 13% FAT
Vitamins: croissant vs sponge cake
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): croissant 144% more than sponge cake
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sponge cake 25% more than croissant
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): croissant 82% more than sponge cake
- Vitaminium B6: sponge cake 2% more than croissant
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): croissant 145% more than sponge cake
Minerals: sponge cake vs croissant
- Calcium: sponge cake 14% more than croissant
- Iron: croissant 28% more than sponge cake
- Magnessium: croissant 78% more than sponge cake
- Phosphorus: sponge cake 4178% more than croissant
- Potassium: sponge cake 19% more than croissant
- Sodium: croissant 68% more than sponge cake
- Zink: sponge cake 4178% more than croissant
Compares of sponge cake
- Sponge Cake vs Croissant
- Sponge Cake vs Dark Chocolate
- Sponge Cake vs Jelly
- Sponge Cake vs Waffle
- Sponge Cake vs Ice Cream
- Sponge Cake vs Honey
- see all compares of sponge cake
Compares of croissant
- Calories from Sponge cake
- Calories of Egg
- Calories in Duck breast
- Raisins calories per 100g
- Caviar carbs per 100g
- Tomato sauce protein per 100g
- Instant coffee (not reconstituted) fat per 100g
- How many calories does Upma have?
- Calories in a half of club sandwich
- Calories in whole club sandwich
- Calories for one, two or more club sandwiches
- How much protein in taco shell?