Sponge Cake vs Dark Chocolate: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Sponge cake
At first glance, you can see that in sponge cake is much less calories than in dark chocolate.
Sponge cake has 297 kcal per 100g and dark chocolate 546 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 84%.
In sponge cake and in dark chocolate most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare sponge cake with dark chocolate in details.
Fact 2: Sponge cake And Dark chocolate Nutrition Difference
Dark chocolate vs Sponge cake: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sponge cake||Dark chocolate|
|Carbohydrates||57.7 g||61.17 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||31.28 g|
|Protein||7.3 g||4.88 g|
|Water||29.4 g||0.97 g|
|Calcium||42 mg||56 mg|
|Iron||1.58 mg||8.02 mg|
|Magnessium||9 mg||146 mg|
|Phosphorus||77 mg||8.1 mg|
|Potassium||141 mg||559 mg|
|Sodium||228 mg||24 mg|
|Zink||77 mg||8.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.159 mg||0.025 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.301 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.204 mg||0.725 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.059 mg||0.042 mg|
More protein in sponge cake
It is aslo easy to see see that in sponge cake is more protein than in dark chocolate.
There is 4.88g per 100g of dark chocolate and 7.3g per 100g of sponge cake so using simple math we can see that difference is about 50%.
Less carbohydrates in sponge cake
In sponge cake is less carbohydrates than in dark chocolate.
There is 61.17g/100g of carbohydrates in dark chocolate and 57.7g/100g in sponge cake so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 6%.
Less fat in sponge cake
In sponge cake is less fats than in dark chocolate.
The tables above show us that there is 31.28g/100g of fats in dark chocolate and 4.3g/100g in sponge cake. In this case difference is about 627%.
- Carbohydrates57.7 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein7.3 g
- Water29.4 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | whole cake
- 77% CARBS.
- 10% PROTEIN
- 13% FAT
Vitamins: dark chocolate vs sponge cake
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sponge cake 536% more than dark chocolate
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sponge cake 502% more than dark chocolate
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sponge cake 66% more than dark chocolate
- Vitaminium B6: sponge cake 40% more than dark chocolate
Minerals: sponge cake vs dark chocolate
- Calcium: dark chocolate 33% more than sponge cake
- Iron: dark chocolate 408% more than sponge cake
- Magnessium: dark chocolate 1522% more than sponge cake
- Phosphorus: sponge cake 851% more than dark chocolate
- Potassium: dark chocolate 296% more than sponge cake
- Sodium: sponge cake 850% more than dark chocolate
- Zink: sponge cake 851% more than dark chocolate
Compares of sponge cake
- Sponge Cake vs Croissant
- Sponge Cake vs Dark Chocolate
- Sponge Cake vs Jelly
- Sponge Cake vs Waffle
- Sponge Cake vs Ice Cream
- Sponge Cake vs Honey
- see all compares of sponge cake
Compares of dark chocolate
- Calories from Sponge cake
- Calories of Red rice
- Calories in Egg
- Duck breast calories per 100g
- Raisins carbs per 100g
- Caviar protein per 100g
- Tomato sauce fat per 100g
- How many calories does not reconstituted instant coffee have?
- Calories in a half of cooked shrimp
- Calories in whole cooked shrimp
- Calories for one, two or more cooked shrimp
- How much protein in club sandwich?