Sponge Cake vs Cheese Cake: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Sponge cake
At first glance, you can see that in sponge cake is just a little less calories than in cheese cake.
Sponge cake has 297 kcal per 100g and cheese cake 321 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 8 %.
In sponge cake and in cheese cake most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare sponge cake with cheese cake in details.
Fact 2: Sponge cake And Cheese cake Nutrition Difference
Cheese cake vs Sponge cake: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sponge cake||Cheese cake|
|Carbohydrates||57.7 g||25.5 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||22.5 g|
|Protein||7.3 g||5.5 g|
|Water||29.4 g||45.6 g|
|Calcium||42 mg||51 mg|
|Iron||1.58 mg||0.63 mg|
|Magnessium||9 mg||11 mg|
|Phosphorus||77 mg||4.4 mg|
|Potassium||141 mg||90 mg|
|Sodium||228 mg||438 mg|
|Zink||77 mg||4.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.159 mg||0.028 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.301 mg||0.193 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.204 mg||0.195 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.059 mg||0.052 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.053 mg||0.02 mg|
More protein in sponge cake
It is aslo easy to see see that in sponge cake is more protein than in cheese cake.
There is 5.5g per 100g of cheese cake and 7.3g per 100g of sponge cake so using simple math we can see that difference is about 33 %.
More carbohydrates in sponge cake
In sponge cake is more carbohydrates than in cheese cake.
There is 25.5g/100g of carbohydrates in cheese cake and 57.7g/100g in sponge cake so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 126 %.
Less fat in sponge cake
In sponge cake is less fats than in cheese cake.
The tables above show us that there is 22.5g/100g of fats in cheese cake and 4.3g/100g in sponge cake. In this case difference is about 423 %.
- Carbohydrates57.7 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein7.3 g
- Water29.4 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | whole cake
- 77% CARBS.
- 10% PROTEIN
- 13% FAT
Vitamins: cheese cake vs sponge cake
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sponge cake 468% more than cheese cake
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sponge cake 56% more than cheese cake
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sponge cake 517% more than cheese cake
- Vitaminium B6: sponge cake 13% more than cheese cake
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sponge cake 165% more than cheese cake
Minerals: sponge cake vs cheese cake
- Calcium: cheese cake 21% more than sponge cake
- Iron: sponge cake 151% more than cheese cake
- Magnessium: cheese cake 22% more than sponge cake
- Phosphorus: sponge cake 1650% more than cheese cake
- Potassium: sponge cake 57% more than cheese cake
- Sodium: cheese cake 92% more than sponge cake
- Zink: sponge cake 1650% more than cheese cake
Compares of sponge cake
- Sponge Cake vs Croissant
- Sponge Cake vs Dark Chocolate
- Sponge Cake vs Jelly
- Sponge Cake vs Waffle
- Sponge Cake vs Ice Cream
- Sponge Cake vs Honey
- see all compares of sponge cake
Compares of cheese cake
- Calories from Sponge cake
- Calories of Sour cream (no fat)
- Calories in Mortadella
- Carrot juice calories per 100g
- Swordfish (fillet, meat) carbs per 100g
- Rice milk protein per 100g
- Yuca fat per 100g
- How many calories do Larabar Chocolate Truffles have?
- Calories in a half of white potatoes
- Calories in whole white potatoes
- Calories for one, two or more white potato
- How much protein in Lucky Charms?