Slice of Bread vs Tortilla: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Slice of bread
At first glance, you can see that in slice of bread is more calories than in tortilla.
Slice of bread has 266 kcal per 100g and tortilla 237 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 12%.
In slice of bread and in tortilla most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare slice of bread with tortilla in details.
Fact 2: Slice of bread And Tortilla Nutrition Difference
Tortilla vs Slice of bread: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Slice of bread||Tortilla|
|Carbohydrates||49.42 g||49.94 g|
|Fat||3.33 g||0.95 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.7 g||2.4 g|
|Protein||8.85 g||7.28 g|
|Water||36.42 g||39.96 g|
|Calcium||144 mg||70 mg|
|Iron||3.61 mg||3.81 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||19 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.2 mg||0.4 mg|
|Potassium||126 mg||105 mg|
|Sodium||490 mg||482 mg|
|Zink||0.2 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.533 mg||0.37 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.243 mg||0.114 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.78 mg||4.125 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.087 mg||0.06 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.171 mg||0.159 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||0.19 mg|
More protein in slice of bread
It is aslo easy to see see that in slice of bread is more protein than in tortilla.
There is 7.28g per 100g of tortilla and 8.85g per 100g of slice of bread so using simple math we can see that difference is about 22%.
Less carbohydrates in slice of bread
In slice of bread is less carbohydrates than in tortilla.
There is 49.94g/100g of carbohydrates in tortilla and 49.42g/100g in slice of bread so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1%.
More fat in slice of bread
In slice of bread is more fats than in tortilla.
The tables above show us that there is 0.95g/100g of fats in tortilla and 3.33g/100g in slice of bread. In this case difference is about 251%.
- Carbohydrates49.42 g
- Fat3.33 g
- Dietary fiber2.7 g
- Protein8.85 g
- Water36.42 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 75% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 11% FAT
Vitamins: tortilla vs slice of bread
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): slice of bread 44% more than tortilla
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): slice of bread 113% more than tortilla
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): slice of bread 16% more than tortilla
- Vitaminium B6: slice of bread 45% more than tortilla
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): slice of bread 8% more than tortilla
- Vitaminium E: slice of bread 16% more than tortilla
Minerals: slice of bread vs tortilla
- Calcium: slice of bread 106% more than tortilla
- Iron: tortilla 6% more than slice of bread
- Magnessium: slice of bread 21% more than tortilla
- Phosphorus: tortilla 100% more than slice of bread
- Potassium: slice of bread 20% more than tortilla
- Sodium: slice of bread 2% more than tortilla
- Zink: tortilla 100% more than slice of bread
Compares of slice of bread
- Slice of Bread vs Baguette
- Slice of Bread vs Dark Bread
- Slice of Bread vs Kaiser Roll
- Slice of Bread vs Tortilla
- Slice of Bread vs Toast
- see all compares of slice of bread
Compares of tortilla
- Calories from Slice of bread
- Calories of Cheeseburger McDonalds
- Calories in Rice flour
- Whole milk calories per 100g
- Chicken carbs per 100g
- Lemon juice protein per 100g
- Coffee fat per 100g
- How many calories does cocoa have?
- Calories in a half of Moo Goo Gai Pan
- Calories in whole Moo Goo Gai Pan
- Calories for one, two or more Moo Goo Gai Pan
- How much protein in Boost?