Shark Meat vs Salmon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Shark meat vs salmon - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in shark meat is much less calories than in salmon.
Shark meat has 130 kcal per 100g and salmon 208 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 60 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in shark cames from protein and in salmon from fat.
shark meat or salmon - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: salmon - 60% more than shark meat.
- Fat: salmon - 198% more than shark meat.
- Protein: shark meat - 3% more than salmon.
- Water: shark meat - 12% more than salmon.
Shark meat vs salmon: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Shark meat||Salmon|
|Fat||4.51 g||13.42 g|
|Protein||20.98 g||20.42 g|
|Water||73.58 g||64.89 g|
|Calcium||34 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.84 mg||0.34 mg|
|Magnessium||49 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.5 mg|
|Potassium||160 mg||363 mg|
|Sodium||79 mg||59 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.042 mg||0.207 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.062 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.938 mg||8.672 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.4 mg||0.636 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.003 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1 mg||3.55 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in shark meat is more protein than in salmon.
There is 20.42g per 100g of salmon and 20.98g per 100g of shark meat so using simple math we can see that difference is about 3 %.
Where is more carbs?
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in shark meat and salmon - 0g/100g.
Where is more fats?
In shark meat is less fats than in salmon.
Tables below show us that there is 13.42g/100g of fats in salmon and 4.51g/100g in shark meat. In this case difference is about 198 %.
See tables below to compare shark meat with salmon in details.
- Fat4.51 g
- Protein20.98 g
- Water73.58 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 67% PROTEIN
- 33% FAT
shark meat or salmon - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): salmon - 393% more than shark meat.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): salmon - 150% more than shark meat.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): salmon - 195% more than shark meat.
- Vitaminium B6: salmon - 59% more than shark meat.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): salmon - 767% more than shark meat.
- Vitaminium E: salmon - 255% more than shark meat.
shark meat or salmon - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: shark meat - 74% more than salmon.
- Iron: shark meat - 60% more than salmon.
- Magnessium: shark meat - 45% more than salmon.
- Phosphorus: salmon - 400% more than shark meat.
- Potassium: salmon - 127% more than shark meat.
- Sodium: shark meat - 25% more than salmon.
- Zink: salmon - 400% more than shark meat.
Compares of shark
Compares of salmon
- Calories from Shark meat
- Calories of Peanut milk
- Calories in Fritos
- No bake cookie calories per 100g
- Corned beef hash carbs per 100g
- Freeze pop protein per 100g
- Thai tea fat per 100g
- How many calories does condensed milk have?
- Calories in a half of cranberry salad
- Calories in whole cranberry salad
- Calories for one, two or more cranberry salad
- How much protein in torte cake?