Shallot vs Green Onions: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Shallot vs green onions - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in shallot is much more calories than in green onions.
Shallot has 72 kcal per 100g and green onions 32 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 56 %.
In shallot and in green onion most calories came from carbs.
shallot or green onions - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: shallot - 56% more than green onions.
- Carbohydrates: shallot - 56% more than green onions.
- Fat: green onions - 90% more than shallot.
- Protein: shallot - 27% more than green onions.
Shallot vs green onions: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Shallot||Green onions|
|Carbohydrates||16.8 g||7.34 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.19 g|
|Protein||2.5 g||1.83 g|
|Calcium||37 mg||72 mg|
|Iron||1.2 mg||1.48 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||334 mg||276 mg|
|Sodium||12 mg||16 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.06 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.02 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.2 mg||0.525 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.345 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||34 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium C||8 mg||18.8 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in shallot is more protein than in green onions.
There is 1.83g per 100g of green onions and 2.5g per 100g of shallot so using simple math we can see that difference is about 27 %.
Where is more carbs?
In shallot is more carbohydrates than in green onions.
There is 7.34g/100g of carbohydrates in green onions and 16.8g/100g in shallot so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 56 %.
Where is more fats?
In shallot is less fats than in green onions.
Tables below show us that there is 0.19g/100g of fats in green onions and 0.1g/100g in shallot. In this case difference is about 90 %.
See tables below to compare shallot with green onions in details.
- Carbohydrates16.8 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Protein2.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | tablespoon | cup | chopped
- 86% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
shallot or green onions - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): shallot - 8% more than green onions.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): green onions - 300% more than shallot.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): green onions - 163% more than shallot.
- Vitaminium B6: shallot - 82% more than green onions.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): shallot - 100% more than green onions.
- Vitaminium C: green onions - 135% more than shallot.
shallot or green onions - where is more minerals?
Compares of shallot
- Beetroot vs Shallot
- Pepper vs Shallot
- Bok Choy vs Shallot
- Broccoli vs Shallot
- Rapini vs Shallot
- Butternut Squash vs Shallot