Sesame Seeds vs Peanuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Sesame
At first glance, you can see that in sesame is just a little more calories than in peanuts.
Sesame has 573 kcal per 100g and peanuts 567 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1%.
In sesame and in peanuts most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare sesame with peanuts in details.
Fact 2: Sesame And Peanuts Nutrition Difference
Peanuts vs Sesame: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sesame seeds||Peanuts|
|Carbohydrates||23.45 g||16.13 g|
|Fat||49.67 g||49.24 g|
|Dietary fiber||11.8 g||8.5 g|
|Protein||17.73 g||25.8 g|
|Calcium||975 mg||92 mg|
|Iron||14.55 mg||4.58 mg|
|Magnessium||351 mg||168 mg|
|Phosphorus||629 mg||76 mg|
|Potassium||468 mg||705 mg|
|Sodium||11 mg||18 mg|
|Zink||7.75 mg||3.27 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.791 mg||0.64 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.247 mg||0.135 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.515 mg||12.066 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.05 mg||1.767 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.79 mg||0.348 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||97 mg||240 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.25 mg||8.33 mg|
Less protein in sesame
It is aslo easy to see see that in sesame is less protein than in peanuts.
There is 25.8g per 100g of peanuts and 17.73g per 100g of sesame so using simple math we can see that difference is about 46%.
More carbohydrates in sesame
In sesame is more carbohydrates than in peanuts.
There is 16.13g/100g of carbohydrates in peanuts and 23.45g/100g in sesame so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 45%.
More fat in sesame
In sesame is more fats than in peanuts.
The tables above show us that there is 49.24g/100g of fats in peanuts and 49.67g/100g in sesame. In this case difference is about 1%.
- Carbohydrates23.45 g
- Fat49.67 g
- Dietary fiber11.8 g
- Protein17.73 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 15% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: peanuts vs sesame
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sesame 24% more than peanuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sesame 83% more than peanuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): peanuts 167% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B5: peanuts 3434% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B6: sesame 127% more than peanuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): peanuts 147% more than sesame
- Vitaminium E: peanuts 3232% more than sesame
Minerals: sesame vs peanuts
Compares of sesame
- Sesame vs Buckwheat
- Sesame vs Chia Seeds
- Sesame vs Linseed
- Sesame vs Poppy Seed
- Sesame vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Sesame vs Quinoa
- see all compares of sesame
Compares of peanuts
- Calories from Sesame seeds
- Calories of Sunflower Seeds
- Calories in Walnuts
- Basil calories per 100g
- Borage carbs per 100g
- Burdock protein per 100g
- Celery fat per 100g
- How many calories does chervil have?
- Calories in handful of coriander
- Calories in tablespoon of coriander
- Calories in bunch of coriander
- How much protein in dandelion?
- Sesame vs Almonds nutrition
- Sesame vs Walnuts calories
- Sesame vs Tahini protein
- Sunflower Seeds vs Almonds sugar
- Sunflower Seeds vs Peanuts vitamins
- Sunflower Seeds vs Pine Nuts dietary fiber
- Sunflower Seeds vs Pistachios vitaminium C
- Sunflower Seeds vs Cashews magnessium
- Sunflower Seeds vs Walnuts potassium