Sesame Seeds vs Almonds: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Sesame
At first glance, you can see that in sesame is just a little less calories than in almonds.
Sesame has 573 kcal per 100g and almonds 579 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1%.
In sesame and in almonds most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare sesame with almonds in details.
Fact 2: Sesame And Almonds Nutrition Difference
Almonds vs Sesame: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sesame seeds||Almonds|
|Carbohydrates||23.45 g||21.55 g|
|Fat||49.67 g||49.93 g|
|Dietary fiber||11.8 g||12.5 g|
|Protein||17.73 g||21.15 g|
|Calcium||975 mg||269 mg|
|Iron||14.55 mg||3.71 mg|
|Magnessium||351 mg||270 mg|
|Phosphorus||629 mg||481 mg|
|Potassium||468 mg||733 mg|
|Sodium||11 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||7.75 mg||3.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.791 mg||0.205 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.247 mg||1.138 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.515 mg||3.618 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.05 mg||0.47 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.79 mg||0.137 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||97 mg||44 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.25 mg||26 mg|
|Beta karoten||5 mg||1 mg|
Less protein in sesame
It is aslo easy to see see that in sesame is less protein than in almonds.
There is 21.15g per 100g of almonds and 17.73g per 100g of sesame so using simple math we can see that difference is about 19%.
More carbohydrates in sesame
In sesame is more carbohydrates than in almonds.
There is 21.55g/100g of carbohydrates in almonds and 23.45g/100g in sesame so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 9%.
Less fat in sesame
In sesame is less fats than in almonds.
The tables above show us that there is 49.93g/100g of fats in almonds and 49.67g/100g in sesame. In this case difference is about 1%.
- Carbohydrates23.45 g
- Fat49.67 g
- Dietary fiber11.8 g
- Protein17.73 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 15% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: almonds vs sesame
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sesame 286% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): almonds 361% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sesame 25% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B5: almonds 840% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B6: sesame 477% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sesame 120% more than almonds
- Vitaminium E: almonds 10300% more than sesame
- Beta karoten: sesame 400% more than almonds
Minerals: sesame vs almonds
Compares of sesame
- Sesame vs Buckwheat
- Sesame vs Chia Seeds
- Sesame vs Linseed
- Sesame vs Poppy Seed
- Sesame vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Sesame vs Quinoa
- see all compares of sesame
Compares of almonds
- Calories from Sesame seeds
- Calories of Sunflower Seeds
- Calories in Walnuts
- Basil calories per 100g
- Borage carbs per 100g
- Burdock protein per 100g
- Celery fat per 100g
- How many calories does chervil have?
- Calories in handful of coriander
- Calories in tablespoon of coriander
- Calories in bunch of coriander
- How much protein in dandelion?
- Sesame vs Walnuts nutrition
- Sesame vs Tahini calories
- Sunflower Seeds vs Almonds protein
- Sunflower Seeds vs Peanuts sugar
- Sunflower Seeds vs Pine Nuts vitamins
- Sunflower Seeds vs Pistachios dietary fiber
- Sunflower Seeds vs Cashews vitaminium C
- Sunflower Seeds vs Walnuts magnessium
- Basil vs Cilantro potassium