Sesame Seeds vs Sunflower Seeds: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Sesame vs sunflower - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in sesame is just a little more calories than in sunflower.
Sesame has 573 kcal per 100g and sunflower 584 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 2 %.
In sesame and in sunflower most calories came from fat.
sesame or sunflower - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: sunflower - 2% more than sesame
- Carbohydrates: sesame - 17% more than sunflower
- Fat: sunflower - 4% more than sesame
- Dietary fiber: sesame - 37% more than sunflower
- Protein: sunflower - 17% more than sesame
Sesame vs sunflower nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Sesame seeds||Sunflower Seeds|
|Carbohydrates||23.45 g||20 g|
|Fat||49.67 g||51.46 g|
|Dietary fiber||11.8 g||8.6 g|
|Protein||17.73 g||20.78 g|
|Calcium||975 mg||78 mg|
|Iron||14.55 mg||5.25 mg|
|Magnessium||351 mg||325 mg|
|Phosphorus||629 mg||660 mg|
|Potassium||468 mg||645 mg|
|Sodium||11 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||7.75 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.791 mg||1.48 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.247 mg||0.355 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.515 mg||8.335 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.05 mg||1.13 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.79 mg||1.345 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||97 mg||227 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.25 mg||35.17 mg|
|Beta karoten||5 mg||30 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in sesame is less protein than in sunflower.
There is 20.78g per 100g of sunflower and 17.73g per 100g of sesame so using simple math we can see that difference is about 17 %.
In sesame is more carbohydrates than in sunflower.
There is 20g/100g of carbohydrates in sunflower and 23.45g/100g in sesame so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 17 %.
In sesame is less fats than in sunflower.
The tables above show us that there is 51.46g/100g of fats in sunflower and 49.67g/100g in sesame. In this case difference is about 4 %.
See tables below to compare sesame with sunflower in details.
- Carbohydrates23.45 g
- Fat49.67 g
- Dietary fiber11.8 g
- Protein17.73 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 15% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: sunflower vs sesame
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sunflower 87% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sunflower 44% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sunflower 85% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B5: sunflower 2160% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B6: sunflower 70% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sunflower 134% more than sesame
- Vitaminium E: sunflower 13968% more than sesame
- Beta karoten: sunflower 500% more than sesame
Minerals: sesame vs sunflower
Compares of sesame
- Sesame vs Buckwheat
- Sesame vs Chia Seeds
- Sesame vs Linseed
- Sesame vs Poppy Seed
- Sesame vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Sesame vs Quinoa
- see all compares of sesame
Compares of sunflower
- Calories from Sesame seeds
- Calories of Sunflower Seeds
- Calories in Walnuts
- Basil calories per 100g
- Borage carbs per 100g
- Burdock protein per 100g
- Celery fat per 100g
- How many calories does chervil have?
- Calories in handful of coriander
- Calories in tablespoon of coriander
- Calories in bunch of coriander
- How much protein in dandelion?