Salmon vs Tilapia (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Salmon vs tilapia - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in salmon is much more calories than in tilapia.
Salmon has 208 kcal per 100g and tilapia 96 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 117 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in salmon cames from fat and in tilapia from protein.
salmon or tilapia - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: salmon - 117% more than tilapia
- Fat: salmon - 689% more than tilapia
- Protein: salmon - 2% more than tilapia
- Water: tilapia - 20% more than salmon
Salmon vs tilapia nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Salmon||Tilapia (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||13.42 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||20.42 g||20.08 g|
|Water||64.89 g||78.08 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||0.34 mg||0.56 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.5 mg||1.4 mg|
|Potassium||363 mg||302 mg|
|Sodium||59 mg||52 mg|
|Zink||0.5 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.207 mg||0.041 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.155 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.672 mg||3.903 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.636 mg||0.162 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.026 mg||0.024 mg|
|Vitaminium E||3.55 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.001 mg||0.001 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in salmon is more protein than in tilapia.
There is 20.08g per 100g of tilapia and 20.42g per 100g of salmon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 2 %.
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in salmon and tilapia - 0g/100g.
In salmon is more fats than in tilapia.
The tables above show us that there is 1.7g/100g of fats in tilapia and 13.42g/100g in salmon. In this case difference is about 689 %.
See tables below to compare salmon with tilapia in details.
- Fat13.42 g
- Protein20.42 g
- Water64.89 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 40% PROTEIN
- 60% FAT
Vitamins: tilapia vs salmon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): salmon 405% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): salmon 146% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): salmon 122% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium B6: salmon 293% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): salmon 8% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium E: salmon 788% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium K: tilapia 0% more than salmon
Minerals: salmon vs tilapia
Compares of salmon
- Salmon vs Anchovy
- Salmon vs Carp
- Salmon vs Cod Fillet
- Salmon vs Eel
- Salmon vs Flounder
- Salmon vs Halibut
- see all compares of salmon
Compares of tilapia
- Calories from Salmon
- Calories of Nutella
- Calories in Paratha
- Ham steak calories per 100g
- Spanakopita carbs per 100g
- Chicken shawarma protein per 100g
- Chobani yogurt nonfat fat per 100g
- How many calories does crayfish have?
- Calories in a half of crab salad
- Calories in whole crab salad
- Calories for one, two or more crab salad
- How much protein in chef salad?
- Trout vs Tilapia nutrition
- Apple Juice vs Grape Juice calories
- Apple Juice vs Lemon Juice protein
- Apple Juice vs Orange Juice sugar
- Apple Juice vs Cherry Juice vitamins
- Apple Juice vs Grapefruit Juice dietary fiber
- Apple Juice vs Pineapple Juice vitaminium C
- Apple Juice vs Carrot Juice magnessium
- Apple Juice vs Tomato Juice potassium