Pumpkin vs Yam: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Pumpkin vs yam - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in pumpkin is much less calories than in yam.
Pumpkin has 26 kcal per 100g and yam 108 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 315 %.
In pumpkin and in yam most calories came from carbs.
pumpkin or yam - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: yam - 315% more than pumpkin.
- Carbohydrates: yam - 329% more than pumpkin.
- Fat: yam - 70% more than pumpkin.
- Dietary fiber: yam - 720% more than pumpkin.
- Protein: yam - 53% more than pumpkin.
Pumpkin vs yam: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Carbohydrates||6.5 g||27.88 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.5 g||4.1 g|
|Protein||1 g||1.53 g|
|Calcium||21 mg||17 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||0.54 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||21 mg|
|Phosphorus||44 mg||55 mg|
|Potassium||340 mg||816 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||0.32 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.05 mg||0.112 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.11 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||0.552 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.298 mg||0.314 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.061 mg||0.293 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||16 mg||23 mg|
|Vitaminium C||9 mg||17.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.06 mg||0.35 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.1 mg||2.3 mg|
|Beta karoten||3100 mg||83 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in pumpkin is less protein than in yam.
There is 1.53g per 100g of yam and 1g per 100g of pumpkin so using simple math we can see that difference is about 53 %.
Where is more carbs?
In pumpkin is less carbohydrates than in yam.
There is 27.88g/100g of carbohydrates in yam and 6.5g/100g in pumpkin so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 329 %.
Where is more fats?
In pumpkin is less fats than in yam.
Tables below show us that there is 0.17g/100g of fats in yam and 0.1g/100g in pumpkin. In this case difference is about 70 %.
See tables below to compare pumpkin with yam in details.
- Carbohydrates6.5 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber0.5 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | mashed | cup | cubes
- 84% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
pumpkin or yam - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): yam - 124% more than pumpkin.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pumpkin - 71% more than yam.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): pumpkin - 8% more than yam.
- Vitaminium B5: yam - 5% more than pumpkin.
- Vitaminium B6: yam - 380% more than pumpkin.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): yam - 44% more than pumpkin.
- Vitaminium C: yam - 90% more than pumpkin.
- Vitaminium E: pumpkin - 67% more than yam.
- Vitaminium K: yam - 109% more than pumpkin.
- Beta karoten: pumpkin - 97% more than yam.
pumpkin or yam - where is more minerals?
Compares of pumpkin
- Artichoke vs Pumpkin
- Arugula vs Pumpkin
- Asparagus vs Pumpkin
- Bamboo Shoots vs Pumpkin
- Beetroot vs Pumpkin
- Pepper vs Pumpkin
Compares of yam
- Calories from Pumpkin
- Calories of Purslane
- Calories in Salad chicory
- Radish calories per 100g
- Rhubarb carbs per 100g
- Salsify protein per 100g
- Shallot fat per 100g
- How many calories does spinach have?
- Calories in a half of sweet potato
- Calories in whole sweet potato
- Calories for one, two or more sweet potatos
- How much protein in chard?