Pumpkin Seeds vs Sunflower Seeds: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Pumpkin seeds
At first glance, you can see that in pumpkin seeds is just a little more calories than in sunflower.
Pumpkin seeds has 559 kcal per 100g and sunflower 584 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 4 %.
In pumpkin seeds and in sunflower most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare pumpkin seeds with sunflower in details.
Fact 2: Pumpkin seeds And Sunflower Nutrition Difference
Sunflower vs Pumpkin seeds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Pumpkin seeds||Sunflower Seeds|
|Carbohydrates||10.71 g||20 g|
|Fat||49.05 g||51.46 g|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||8.6 g|
|Protein||30.23 g||20.78 g|
|Calcium||46 mg||78 mg|
|Iron||8.82 mg||5.25 mg|
|Magnessium||592 mg||325 mg|
|Phosphorus||1233 mg||660 mg|
|Potassium||809 mg||645 mg|
|Sodium||7 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||7.81 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.273 mg||1.48 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.153 mg||0.355 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.987 mg||8.335 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.75 mg||1.13 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.143 mg||1.345 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||58 mg||227 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.9 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||35.1 mg||35.17 mg|
|Beta karoten||9 mg||30 mg|
More protein in pumpkin seeds
It is aslo easy to see see that in pumpkin seeds is more protein than in sunflower.
There is 20.78g per 100g of sunflower and 30.23g per 100g of pumpkin seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 45 %.
Less carbohydrates in pumpkin seeds
In pumpkin seeds is less carbohydrates than in sunflower.
There is 20g/100g of carbohydrates in sunflower and 10.71g/100g in pumpkin seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 87 %.
Less fat in pumpkin seeds
In pumpkin seeds is less fats than in sunflower.
The tables above show us that there is 51.46g/100g of fats in sunflower and 49.05g/100g in pumpkin seeds. In this case difference is about 5 %.
- Carbohydrates10.71 g
- Fat49.05 g
- Dietary fiber6 g
- Protein30.23 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 7% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: sunflower vs pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sunflower 442% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sunflower 132% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sunflower 67% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B5: sunflower 51% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B6: sunflower 841% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sunflower 291% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium C: pumpkin seeds 36% more than sunflower
- Vitaminium E: sunflower 0% more than pumpkin seeds
- Beta karoten: sunflower 233% more than pumpkin seeds
Minerals: pumpkin seeds vs sunflower
- Calcium: sunflower 70% more than pumpkin seeds
- Iron: pumpkin seeds 68% more than sunflower
- Magnessium: pumpkin seeds 82% more than sunflower
- Phosphorus: pumpkin seeds 87% more than sunflower
- Potassium: pumpkin seeds 25% more than sunflower
- Sodium: sunflower 29% more than pumpkin seeds
- Zink: pumpkin seeds 56% more than sunflower
Compares of pumpkin seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Buckwheat
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Chia Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Quinoa
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Sesame
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Sunflower
- see all compares of pumpkin seeds