Pumpkin Seeds vs Sunflower: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Pumpkin seeds vs sunflower - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in pumpkin seeds is just a little less calories than in sunflower.
Pumpkin seeds has 559 kcal per 100g and sunflower 584 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 4 %.
In pumpkin seeds and in sunflower most calories came from fat.
pumpkin seeds or sunflower - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: sunflower - 4% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Carbohydrates: sunflower - 87% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Fat: sunflower - 5% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Dietary fiber: sunflower - 43% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Protein: pumpkin seeds - 31% more than sunflower.
Pumpkin seeds vs sunflower: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Pumpkin seeds||Sunflower|
|Carbohydrates||10.71 g||20 g|
|Fat||49.05 g||51.46 g|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||8.6 g|
|Protein||30.23 g||20.78 g|
|Calcium||46 mg||78 mg|
|Iron||8.82 mg||5.25 mg|
|Magnessium||592 mg||325 mg|
|Phosphorus||1233 mg||660 mg|
|Potassium||809 mg||645 mg|
|Sodium||7 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||7.81 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.273 mg||1.48 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.153 mg||0.355 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.987 mg||8.335 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.75 mg||1.13 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.143 mg||1.345 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||58 mg||227 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.9 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||35.1 mg||35.17 mg|
|Beta karoten||9 mg||30 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in pumpkin seeds is more protein than in sunflower.
There is 20.78g per 100g of sunflower and 30.23g per 100g of pumpkin seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 31 %.
Where is more carbs?
In pumpkin seeds is less carbohydrates than in sunflower.
There is 20g/100g of carbohydrates in sunflower and 10.71g/100g in pumpkin seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 87 %.
Where is more fats?
In pumpkin seeds is less fats than in sunflower.
Tables below show us that there is 51.46g/100g of fats in sunflower and 49.05g/100g in pumpkin seeds. In this case difference is about 5 %.
See tables below to compare pumpkin seeds with sunflower in details.
- Carbohydrates10.71 g
- Fat49.05 g
- Dietary fiber6 g
- Protein30.23 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 7% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
pumpkin seeds or sunflower - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sunflower - 442% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sunflower - 132% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sunflower - 67% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Vitaminium B5: sunflower - 51% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Vitaminium B6: sunflower - 841% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sunflower - 291% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Vitaminium C: pumpkin seeds - 26% more than sunflower.
- Vitaminium E: sunflower - 0% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Beta karoten: sunflower - 233% more than pumpkin seeds.
pumpkin seeds or sunflower - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: sunflower - 70% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Iron: pumpkin seeds - 40% more than sunflower.
- Magnessium: pumpkin seeds - 45% more than sunflower.
- Phosphorus: pumpkin seeds - 46% more than sunflower.
- Potassium: pumpkin seeds - 20% more than sunflower.
- Sodium: sunflower - 29% more than pumpkin seeds.
- Zink: pumpkin seeds - 36% more than sunflower.
Compares of pumpkin seeds
- Buckwheat vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Poppy Seed vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Quinoa
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Sesame
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Sunflower