Pumpkin Seeds vs Quinoa: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Pumpkin seeds
At first glance, you can see that in pumpkin seeds is much more calories than in quinoa.
Pumpkin seeds has 559 kcal per 100g and quinoa 368 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 52%.
In pumpkin seeds and in quinoa most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare pumpkin seeds with quinoa in details.
Fact 2: Pumpkin seeds And Quinoa Nutrition Difference
Quinoa vs Pumpkin seeds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Pumpkin seeds||Quinoa|
|Carbohydrates||10.71 g||64.16 g|
|Fat||49.05 g||6.07 g|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||7 g|
|Protein||30.23 g||14.12 g|
|Calcium||46 mg||47 mg|
|Iron||8.82 mg||4.57 mg|
|Magnessium||592 mg||197 mg|
|Phosphorus||1233 mg||457 mg|
|Potassium||809 mg||563 mg|
|Sodium||7 mg||5 mg|
|Zink||7.81 mg||3.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.273 mg||0.36 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.153 mg||0.318 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.987 mg||1.52 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||58 mg||184 mg|
|Vitaminium E||35.1 mg||2.44 mg|
|Beta karoten||9 mg||8 mg|
More protein in pumpkin seeds
It is aslo easy to see see that in pumpkin seeds is more protein than in quinoa.
There is 14.12g per 100g of quinoa and 30.23g per 100g of pumpkin seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 114%.
Less carbohydrates in pumpkin seeds
In pumpkin seeds is less carbohydrates than in quinoa.
There is 64.16g/100g of carbohydrates in quinoa and 10.71g/100g in pumpkin seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 499%.
More fat in pumpkin seeds
In pumpkin seeds is more fats than in quinoa.
The tables above show us that there is 6.07g/100g of fats in quinoa and 49.05g/100g in pumpkin seeds. In this case difference is about 708%.
- Carbohydrates10.71 g
- Fat49.05 g
- Dietary fiber6 g
- Protein30.23 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 7% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: quinoa vs pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): quinoa 32% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): quinoa 108% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): pumpkin seeds 228% more than quinoa
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): quinoa 217% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium E: pumpkin seeds 1339% more than quinoa
- Beta karoten: pumpkin seeds 13% more than quinoa
Minerals: pumpkin seeds vs quinoa
- Calcium: quinoa 2% more than pumpkin seeds
- Iron: pumpkin seeds 93% more than quinoa
- Magnessium: pumpkin seeds 201% more than quinoa
- Phosphorus: pumpkin seeds 170% more than quinoa
- Potassium: pumpkin seeds 44% more than quinoa
- Sodium: pumpkin seeds 40% more than quinoa
- Zink: pumpkin seeds 152% more than quinoa
Compares of pumpkin seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Buckwheat
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Chia Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Quinoa
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Sesame
- Pumpkin Seeds vs Sunflower
- see all compares of pumpkin seeds