Potato Chips vs Popcorn: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Potato chips
At first glance, you can see that in potato chips is more calories than in popcorn.
Potato chips has 536 kcal per 100g and popcorn 387 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 39%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in potato chips cames from fat and in popcorn from carbs.
See tables below to compare potato chips with popcorn in details.
Fact 2: Potato chips And Popcorn Nutrition Difference
Popcorn vs Potato chips: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Potato chips||Popcorn|
|Carbohydrates||52.9 g||77.78 g|
|Fat||34.6 g||4.54 g|
|Dietary fiber||4.8 g||14.5 g|
|Protein||7 g||12.94 g|
|Water||1.9 g||3.32 g|
|Calcium||24 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||1.63 mg||3.19 mg|
|Magnessium||67 mg||144 mg|
|Phosphorus||22.1 mg||1.2 mg|
|Potassium||1275 mg||329 mg|
|Sodium||8 mg||8 mg|
|Zink||22.1 mg||1.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.167 mg||0.104 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.197 mg||0.083 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.827 mg||2.308 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.66 mg||0.157 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.045 mg||0.031 mg|
|Vitaminium E||9.11 mg||0.29 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.022 mg||0.001 mg|
Less protein in potato chips
It is aslo easy to see see that in potato chips is less protein than in popcorn.
There is 12.94g per 100g of popcorn and 7g per 100g of potato chips so using simple math we can see that difference is about 85%.
Less carbohydrates in potato chips
In potato chips is less carbohydrates than in popcorn.
There is 77.78g/100g of carbohydrates in popcorn and 52.9g/100g in potato chips so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 47%.
More fat in potato chips
In potato chips is more fats than in popcorn.
The tables above show us that there is 4.54g/100g of fats in popcorn and 34.6g/100g in potato chips. In this case difference is about 662%.
- Carbohydrates52.9 g
- Fat34.6 g
- Dietary fiber4.8 g
- Protein7 g
- Water1.9 g
100g | ounce | handfull | 1 chips | cup | half cup | cup crashed
- 38% CARBS.
- 5% PROTEIN
- 57% FAT
Vitamins: popcorn vs potato chips
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): potato chips 61% more than popcorn
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): potato chips 137% more than popcorn
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato chips 66% more than popcorn
- Vitaminium B6: potato chips 320% more than popcorn
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): potato chips 45% more than popcorn
- Vitaminium E: potato chips 3041% more than popcorn
- Vitaminium K: potato chips 2100% more than popcorn
Minerals: potato chips vs popcorn
- Calcium: potato chips 243% more than popcorn
- Iron: popcorn 96% more than potato chips
- Magnessium: popcorn 115% more than potato chips
- Phosphorus: potato chips 1742% more than popcorn
- Potassium: potato chips 288% more than popcorn
- Sodium: popcorn 0% more than potato chips
- Zink: potato chips 1742% more than popcorn
Compares of potato chips
- Potato Chips vs Fries
- Potato Chips vs Nachos
- Potato Chips vs Breadsticks
- Potato Chips vs Popcorn
- see all compares of potato chips
Compares of popcorn
- Calories from Potato chips
- Calories of Pastry flour
- Calories in Butter
- Blood sausage calories per 100g
- Pork carbs per 100g
- Herring protein per 100g
- Mascarpone cheese fat per 100g
- How many calories does ground cinnamon have?
- Calories in a half of Gushers
- Calories in whole Gushers
- Calories for one, two or more Gushers
- How much protein in blood orange?