Poppy Seed vs Sesame: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Poppy seed vs sesame - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in poppy seed is just a little less calories than in sesame.
Poppy seed has 525 kcal per 100g and sesame 573 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 9 %.
In poppy seed and in sesame most calories came from fat.
poppy seed or sesame - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: sesame - 9% more than poppy seed.
- Carbohydrates: poppy seed - 17% more than sesame.
- Fat: sesame - 20% more than poppy seed.
- Dietary fiber: poppy seed - 39% more than sesame.
- Protein: poppy seed - 1% more than sesame.
Poppy seed vs sesame: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Poppy seed||Sesame|
|Carbohydrates||28.13 g||23.45 g|
|Fat||41.56 g||49.67 g|
|Dietary fiber||19.5 g||11.8 g|
|Protein||17.99 g||17.73 g|
|Calcium||1438 mg||975 mg|
|Iron||9.76 mg||14.55 mg|
|Magnessium||347 mg||351 mg|
|Phosphorus||870 mg||629 mg|
|Potassium||719 mg||468 mg|
|Sodium||26 mg||11 mg|
|Zink||7.9 mg||7.75 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.854 mg||0.791 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.1 mg||0.247 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.896 mg||4.515 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.324 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.247 mg||0.79 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||82 mg||97 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.77 mg||0.25 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in poppy seed is more protein than in sesame.
There is 17.73g per 100g of sesame and 17.99g per 100g of poppy seed so using simple math we can see that difference is about 1 %.
Where is more carbs?
In poppy seed is more carbohydrates than in sesame.
There is 23.45g/100g of carbohydrates in sesame and 28.13g/100g in poppy seed so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 17 %.
Where is more fats?
In poppy seed is less fats than in sesame.
Tables below show us that there is 49.67g/100g of fats in sesame and 41.56g/100g in poppy seed. In this case difference is about 20 %.
See tables below to compare poppy seed with sesame in details.
- Carbohydrates28.13 g
- Fat41.56 g
- Dietary fiber19.5 g
- Protein17.99 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 20% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 67% FAT
poppy seed or sesame - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): poppy seed - 7% more than sesame.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sesame - 147% more than poppy seed.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sesame - 404% more than poppy seed.
- Vitaminium B5: poppy seed - 85% more than sesame.
- Vitaminium B6: sesame - 220% more than poppy seed.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sesame - 18% more than poppy seed.
- Vitaminium E: poppy seed - 86% more than sesame.
poppy seed or sesame - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: poppy seed - 32% more than sesame.
- Iron: sesame - 49% more than poppy seed.
- Magnessium: sesame - 1% more than poppy seed.
- Phosphorus: poppy seed - 28% more than sesame.
- Potassium: poppy seed - 35% more than sesame.
- Sodium: poppy seed - 58% more than sesame.
- Zink: poppy seed - 2% more than sesame.
Compares of poppy seed
- Buckwheat vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Linseed vs Poppy Seed
- Poppy Seed vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Poppy Seed vs Quinoa
- Poppy Seed vs Sesame
Compares of sesame
- Calories from Poppy seed
- Calories of Pumpkin seeds
- Calories in Quinoa
- Sesame calories per 100g
- Sunflower carbs per 100g
- Walnuts protein per 100g
- Basil fat per 100g
- How many calories does borage have?
- Calories in a half of celery
- Calories in whole celery
- Calories for one, two or more celeries
- How much protein in chervil?