Poppy Seed vs Quinoa: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Poppy seed vs quinoa - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in poppy seed is more calories than in quinoa.
Poppy seed has 525 kcal per 100g and quinoa 368 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 30 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in poppy seed cames from fat and in quinoa from carbs.
poppy seed or quinoa - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: poppy seed - 30% more than quinoa.
- Carbohydrates: quinoa - 128% more than poppy seed.
- Fat: poppy seed - 85% more than quinoa.
- Dietary fiber: poppy seed - 64% more than quinoa.
- Protein: poppy seed - 22% more than quinoa.
Poppy seed vs quinoa: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Poppy seed||Quinoa|
|Carbohydrates||28.13 g||64.16 g|
|Fat||41.56 g||6.07 g|
|Dietary fiber||19.5 g||7 g|
|Protein||17.99 g||14.12 g|
|Calcium||1438 mg||47 mg|
|Iron||9.76 mg||4.57 mg|
|Magnessium||347 mg||197 mg|
|Phosphorus||870 mg||457 mg|
|Potassium||719 mg||563 mg|
|Sodium||26 mg||5 mg|
|Zink||7.9 mg||3.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.854 mg||0.36 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.1 mg||0.318 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.896 mg||1.52 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||82 mg||184 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.77 mg||2.44 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in poppy seed is more protein than in quinoa.
There is 14.12g per 100g of quinoa and 17.99g per 100g of poppy seed so using simple math we can see that difference is about 22 %.
Where is more carbs?
In poppy seed is less carbohydrates than in quinoa.
There is 64.16g/100g of carbohydrates in quinoa and 28.13g/100g in poppy seed so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 128 %.
Where is more fats?
In poppy seed is more fats than in quinoa.
Tables below show us that there is 6.07g/100g of fats in quinoa and 41.56g/100g in poppy seed. In this case difference is about 85 %.
See tables below to compare poppy seed with quinoa in details.
- Carbohydrates28.13 g
- Fat41.56 g
- Dietary fiber19.5 g
- Protein17.99 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 20% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 67% FAT
poppy seed or quinoa - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): poppy seed - 58% more than quinoa.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): quinoa - 218% more than poppy seed.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): quinoa - 70% more than poppy seed.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): quinoa - 124% more than poppy seed.
- Vitaminium E: quinoa - 38% more than poppy seed.
poppy seed or quinoa - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: poppy seed - 97% more than quinoa.
- Iron: poppy seed - 53% more than quinoa.
- Magnessium: poppy seed - 43% more than quinoa.
- Phosphorus: poppy seed - 47% more than quinoa.
- Potassium: poppy seed - 22% more than quinoa.
- Sodium: poppy seed - 81% more than quinoa.
- Zink: poppy seed - 61% more than quinoa.
Compares of poppy seed
- Buckwheat vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Linseed vs Poppy Seed
- Poppy Seed vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Poppy Seed vs Quinoa
- Poppy Seed vs Sesame
Compares of quinoa
- Calories from Poppy seed
- Calories of Pumpkin seeds
- Calories in Quinoa
- Sesame calories per 100g
- Sunflower carbs per 100g
- Walnuts protein per 100g
- Basil fat per 100g
- How many calories does borage have?
- Calories in a half of celery
- Calories in whole celery
- Calories for one, two or more celeries
- How much protein in chervil?