Parsnips vs Turnip: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Parsnips vs turnip - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in parsnips is much more calories than in turnip.
Parsnips has 75 kcal per 100g and turnip 28 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 168 %.
In parsnips and in turnip most calories came from carbs.
parsnips or turnip - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: parsnips - 168% more than turnip
- Carbohydrates: parsnips - 180% more than turnip
- Fat: parsnips - 200% more than turnip
- Dietary fiber: parsnips - 172% more than turnip
- Protein: parsnips - 33% more than turnip
Parsnips vs turnip nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Carbohydrates||17.99 g||6.43 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||4.9 g||1.8 g|
|Protein||1.2 g||0.9 g|
|Calcium||36 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.59 mg||0.3 mg|
|Magnessium||29 mg||11 mg|
|Potassium||375 mg||233 mg|
|Sodium||10 mg||39 mg|
|Zink||0.59 mg||0.27 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.09 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.05 mg||0.03 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.7 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.6 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.9 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||67 mg||15 mg|
|Vitaminium C||17 mg||21 mg|
|Vitaminium K||22.5 mg||0.1 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in parsnips is more protein than in turnip.
There is 0.9g per 100g of turnip and 1.2g per 100g of parsnips so using simple math we can see that difference is about 33 %.
In parsnips is more carbohydrates than in turnip.
There is 6.43g/100g of carbohydrates in turnip and 17.99g/100g in parsnips so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 180 %.
In parsnips is more fats than in turnip.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in turnip and 0.3g/100g in parsnips. In this case difference is about 200 %.
See tables below to compare parsnips with turnip in details.
- Carbohydrates17.99 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber4.9 g
- Protein1.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 91% CARBS.
- 6% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: turnip vs parsnips
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): parsnips 125% more than turnip
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): parsnips 67% more than turnip
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): parsnips 75% more than turnip
- Vitaminium B5: parsnips 200% more than turnip
- Vitaminium B6: parsnips 900% more than turnip
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsnips 347% more than turnip
- Vitaminium C: turnip 24% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium K: parsnips 22400% more than turnip
Minerals: parsnips vs turnip
Compares of parsnips
- Parsnips vs Asparagus
- Parsnips vs Bamboo Shoots
- Parsnips vs Beetroot
- Parsnips vs Butternut Squash
- Parsnips vs Carrot
- Parsnips vs Cassava
- see all compares of parsnips
Compares of turnip
- Calories from Parsnips
- Calories of Peas
- Calories in Potato
- Pumpkin calories per 100g
- Purslane carbs per 100g
- Salad chicory protein per 100g
- Radish fat per 100g
- How many calories does rhubarb have?
- Calories in a half of shallot
- Calories in whole shallot
- Calories for one, two or more shallots
- Calories in handful of shallots
- Calories in tablespoon of shallot
- How much protein in spinach?