Parsnips vs Sweet Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Parsnips vs sweet potato - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in parsnips is more calories than in sweet potato.
Parsnips has 75 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 15 %.
In parsnips and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
parsnips or sweet potato - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: sweet potato - 15% more than parsnips
- Carbohydrates: sweet potato - 12% more than parsnips
- Fat: parsnips - 500% more than sweet potato
- Dietary fiber: parsnips - 63% more than sweet potato
- Protein: sweet potato - 33% more than parsnips
Parsnips vs sweet potato nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Parsnips||Sweet potato|
|Carbohydrates||17.99 g||20.12 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||4.9 g||3 g|
|Protein||1.2 g||1.6 g|
|Calcium||36 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.59 mg||0.61 mg|
|Magnessium||29 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||71 mg||47 mg|
|Potassium||375 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||10 mg||55 mg|
|Zink||0.59 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.09 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.05 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.7 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.6 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.9 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||67 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||17 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium K||22.5 mg||1.8 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in parsnips is less protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 1.2g per 100g of parsnips so using simple math we can see that difference is about 33 %.
In parsnips is less carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 17.99g/100g in parsnips so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 12 %.
In parsnips is more fats than in sweet potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.05g/100g of fats in sweet potato and 0.3g/100g in parsnips. In this case difference is about 500 %.
See tables below to compare parsnips with sweet potato in details.
- Carbohydrates17.99 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber4.9 g
- Protein1.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 91% CARBS.
- 6% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: sweet potato vs parsnips
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): parsnips 15% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sweet potato 22% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): parsnips 26% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B5: sweet potato 33% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B6: parsnips 331% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsnips 509% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium C: parsnips 608% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium K: parsnips 1150% more than sweet potato
Minerals: parsnips vs sweet potato
- Calcium: parsnips 20% more than sweet potato
- Iron: sweet potato 3% more than parsnips
- Magnessium: parsnips 16% more than sweet potato
- Phosphorus: parsnips 51% more than sweet potato
- Potassium: parsnips 11% more than sweet potato
- Sodium: sweet potato 450% more than parsnips
- Zink: parsnips 97% more than sweet potato
Compares of parsnips
- Parsnips vs Asparagus
- Parsnips vs Bamboo Shoots
- Parsnips vs Beetroot
- Parsnips vs Butternut Squash
- Parsnips vs Carrot
- Parsnips vs Cassava
- see all compares of parsnips
Compares of sweet potato
- Calories from Parsnips
- Calories of Peas
- Calories in Potato
- Pumpkin calories per 100g
- Purslane carbs per 100g
- Salad chicory protein per 100g
- Radish fat per 100g
- How many calories does rhubarb have?
- Calories in a half of shallot
- Calories in whole shallot
- Calories for one, two or more shallots
- Calories in handful of shallots
- Calories in tablespoon of shallot
- How much protein in spinach?