Parsnips vs Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Parsnips vs potato - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in parsnips is just a little less calories than in potato.
Parsnips has 75 kcal per 100g and potato 77 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3 %.
In parsnips and in potato most calories came from carbs.
parsnips or potato - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: potato - 3% more than parsnips.
- Carbohydrates: parsnips - 3% more than potato.
- Fat: parsnips - 67% more than potato.
- Dietary fiber: parsnips - 57% more than potato.
- Protein: potato - 71% more than parsnips.
Parsnips vs potato: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Carbohydrates||17.99 g||17.49 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||4.9 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||1.2 g||2.05 g|
|Calcium||36 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.59 mg||0.81 mg|
|Magnessium||29 mg||23 mg|
|Phosphorus||71 mg||57 mg|
|Potassium||375 mg||425 mg|
|Sodium||10 mg||6 mg|
|Zink||0.59 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.09 mg||0.081 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.05 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.7 mg||1.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.6 mg||0.279 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.9 mg||0.298 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||67 mg||15 mg|
|Vitaminium C||17 mg||19.7 mg|
|Vitaminium K||22.5 mg||2 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in parsnips is less protein than in potato.
There is 2.05g per 100g of potato and 1.2g per 100g of parsnips so using simple math we can see that difference is about 71 %.
Where is more carbs?
In parsnips is more carbohydrates than in potato.
There is 17.49g/100g of carbohydrates in potato and 17.99g/100g in parsnips so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 3 %.
Where is more fats?
In parsnips is more fats than in potato.
Tables below show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in potato and 0.3g/100g in parsnips. In this case difference is about 67 %.
See tables below to compare parsnips with potato in details.
- Carbohydrates17.99 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber4.9 g
- Protein1.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 91% CARBS.
- 6% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
parsnips or potato - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): parsnips - 10% more than potato.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): parsnips - 36% more than potato.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato - 52% more than parsnips.
- Vitaminium B5: parsnips - 54% more than potato.
- Vitaminium B6: parsnips - 67% more than potato.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsnips - 78% more than potato.
- Vitaminium C: potato - 16% more than parsnips.
- Vitaminium K: parsnips - 91% more than potato.
parsnips or potato - where is more minerals?
Compares of parsnips
- Artichoke vs Parsnips
- Arugula vs Parsnips
- Asparagus vs Parsnips
- Bamboo Shoots vs Parsnips
- Beetroot vs Parsnips
- Pepper vs Parsnips
Compares of potato
- Calories from Parsnips
- Calories of Peas
- Calories in Potato
- Pumpkin calories per 100g
- Purslane carbs per 100g
- Salad chicory protein per 100g
- Radish fat per 100g
- How many calories does rhubarb have?
- Calories in a half of shallot
- Calories in whole shallot
- Calories for one, two or more shallots
- Calories in handful of shallots
- Calories in tablespoon of shallot
- How much protein in spinach?