Parsley vs Thyme: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Parsley
At first glance, you can see that in parsley is much less calories than in thyme.
Parsley has 36 kcal per 100g and thyme 101 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 181%.
In parsley and in thyme most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare parsley with thyme in details.
Fact 2: Parsley And Thyme Nutrition Difference
Thyme vs Parsley: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||6.33 g||24.45 g|
|Fat||0.8 g||1.68 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.3 g||14 g|
|Protein||2.97 g||5.56 g|
|Calcium||138 mg||405 mg|
|Iron||6.2 mg||17.45 mg|
|Magnessium||50 mg||160 mg|
|Potassium||554 mg||609 mg|
|Sodium||56 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||1.07 mg||1.81 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.086 mg||0.48 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.098 mg||0.471 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.313 mg||1.824 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.4 mg||0.409 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.09 mg||0.348 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||152 mg||45 mg|
|Beta karoten||5054 mg||2851 mg|
Less protein in parsley
It is aslo easy to see see that in parsley is less protein than in thyme.
There is 5.56g per 100g of thyme and 2.97g per 100g of parsley so using simple math we can see that difference is about 87%.
Less carbohydrates in parsley
In parsley is less carbohydrates than in thyme.
There is 24.45g/100g of carbohydrates in thyme and 6.33g/100g in parsley so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 286%.
Less fat in parsley
In parsley is less fats than in thyme.
The tables above show us that there is 1.68g/100g of fats in thyme and 0.8g/100g in parsley. In this case difference is about 110%.
- Carbohydrates6.33 g
- Fat0.8 g
- Dietary fiber3.3 g
- Protein2.97 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | bunch | chopped cup | spring
- 57% CARBS.
- 27% PROTEIN
- 16% FAT
Vitamins: thyme vs parsley
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): thyme 458% more than parsley
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): thyme 381% more than parsley
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): thyme 39% more than parsley
- Vitaminium B5: thyme 2% more than parsley
- Vitaminium B6: thyme 287% more than parsley
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsley 238% more than thyme
- Beta karoten: parsley 77% more than thyme
Minerals: parsley vs thyme
Compares of parsley
- Parsley vs Basil
- Parsley vs Celery
- Parsley vs Chervil
- Parsley vs Coriander
- Parsley vs Dill
- Parsley vs Lemongrass
- see all compares of parsley
Compares of thyme
- Calories from Parsley
- Calories of Peppermint
- Calories in Rosemary
- Sage calories per 100g
- Savory carbs per 100g
- Mint protein per 100g
- Marjoram fat per 100g
- How many calories does tarragon have?
- Calories in a half of turmeric
- Calories in whole turmeric
- Calories for one, two or more turmeric leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of turmeric leaves
- How much protein in apricot?