Parmesan vs Goat Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Parmesan
At first glance, you can see that in Parmesan is just a little less calories than in goat cheese.
Parmesan has 392 kcal per 100g and goat cheese 364 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 8 %.
In Parmesan and in goat cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Parmesan with goat cheese in details.
Fact 2: Parmesan And Goat cheese Nutrition Difference
Goat cheese vs Parmesan: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Parmesan||Goat cheese|
|Carbohydrates||3.22 g||0.12 g|
|Fat||25 g||29.84 g|
|Protein||35.75 g||21.58 g|
|Water||30 g||45.52 g|
|Calcium||1184 mg||298 mg|
|Iron||0.82 mg||1.62 mg|
|Magnessium||44 mg||29 mg|
|Phosphorus||1.7 mg||2.5 mg|
|Potassium||92 mg||158 mg|
|Sodium||1175 mg||415 mg|
|Zink||1.7 mg||2.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.039 mg||0.072 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.332 mg||0.676 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.271 mg||1.148 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.091 mg||0.06 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.002 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.003 mg|
More protein in Parmesan
It is aslo easy to see see that in Parmesan is more protein than in goat cheese.
There is 21.58g per 100g of goat cheese and 35.75g per 100g of Parmesan so using simple math we can see that difference is about 66 %.
More carbohydrates in Parmesan
In Parmesan is more carbohydrates than in goat cheese.
There is 0.12g/100g of carbohydrates in goat cheese and 3.22g/100g in Parmesan so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 2583 %.
Less fat in Parmesan
In Parmesan is less fats than in goat cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 29.84g/100g of fats in goat cheese and 25g/100g in Parmesan. In this case difference is about 19 %.
- Carbohydrates3.22 g
- Fat25 g
- Protein35.75 g
- Water30 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | slice | cup | half cup
- 3% CARBS.
- 38% PROTEIN
- 59% FAT
Vitamins: goat cheese vs Parmesan
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): goat cheese 85% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): goat cheese 104% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): goat cheese 324% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B6: Parmesan 52% more than goat cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Parmesan 250% more than goat cheese
- Vitaminium E: goat cheese 18% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium K: goat cheese 50% more than Parmesan
Minerals: Parmesan vs goat cheese
- Calcium: Parmesan 297% more than goat cheese
- Iron: goat cheese 98% more than Parmesan
- Magnessium: Parmesan 52% more than goat cheese
- Phosphorus: goat cheese 47% more than Parmesan
- Potassium: goat cheese 72% more than Parmesan
- Sodium: Parmesan 183% more than goat cheese
- Zink: goat cheese 47% more than Parmesan
Compares of Parmesan
- Parmesan vs Blue Cheese
- Parmesan vs Brie
- Parmesan vs Cottage Cheese
- Parmesan vs Edam Cheese
- Parmesan vs Feta Cheese
- Parmesan vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of Parmesan
Compares of goat cheese
- Calories from Parmesan
- Calories of Butter (60% fat)
- Calories in Dried fig
- Almond milk calories per 100g
- Rabbit meat carbs per 100g
- Sausage protein per 100g
- Jambalaya fat per 100g
- How many calories do veggie straws have?
- Calories in a half of wild rice
- Calories in whole wild rice
- Calories for one, two or more wild rice
- Calories in tablespoon of wild rice
- How much protein in soba noodles?