Parmesan vs Cheddar: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Parmesan
At first glance, you can see that in Parmesan is just a little less calories than in cheddar.
Parmesan has 392 kcal per 100g and cheddar 410 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 5 %.
In Parmesan and in cheddar most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Parmesan with cheddar in details.
Fact 2: Parmesan And Cheddar Nutrition Difference
Cheddar vs Parmesan: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||3.22 g||2.13 g|
|Fat||25 g||33.82 g|
|Protein||35.75 g||24.25 g|
|Water||30 g||36.15 g|
|Calcium||1184 mg||711 mg|
|Iron||0.82 mg||0.16 mg|
|Magnessium||44 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||1.7 mg||2.4 mg|
|Potassium||92 mg||76 mg|
|Sodium||1175 mg||644 mg|
|Zink||1.7 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.039 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.332 mg||0.434 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.271 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.091 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||0.78 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
More protein in Parmesan
It is aslo easy to see see that in Parmesan is more protein than in cheddar.
There is 24.25g per 100g of cheddar and 35.75g per 100g of Parmesan so using simple math we can see that difference is about 47 %.
More carbohydrates in Parmesan
In Parmesan is more carbohydrates than in cheddar.
There is 2.13g/100g of carbohydrates in cheddar and 3.22g/100g in Parmesan so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 51 %.
Less fat in Parmesan
In Parmesan is less fats than in cheddar.
The tables above show us that there is 33.82g/100g of fats in cheddar and 25g/100g in Parmesan. In this case difference is about 35 %.
- Carbohydrates3.22 g
- Fat25 g
- Protein35.75 g
- Water30 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | slice | cup | half cup
- 3% CARBS.
- 38% PROTEIN
- 59% FAT
Vitamins: cheddar vs Parmesan
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Parmesan 44% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cheddar 31% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Parmesan 595% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B6: Parmesan 21% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cheddar 286% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium E: cheddar 255% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium K: cheddar 0% more than Parmesan
Minerals: Parmesan vs cheddar
Compares of Parmesan
- Parmesan vs Blue Cheese
- Parmesan vs Brie
- Parmesan vs Cottage Cheese
- Parmesan vs Edam Cheese
- Parmesan vs Feta Cheese
- Parmesan vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of Parmesan
Compares of cheddar
- Calories from Parmesan
- Calories of Butter (60% fat)
- Calories in Dried fig
- Almond milk calories per 100g
- Rabbit meat carbs per 100g
- Sausage protein per 100g
- Jambalaya fat per 100g
- How many calories do veggie straws have?
- Calories in a half of wild rice
- Calories in whole wild rice
- Calories for one, two or more wild rice
- Calories in tablespoon of wild rice
- How much protein in soba noodles?