Oyster vs Squid: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Oyster
At first glance, you can see that in oyster is much less calories than in squid.
Oyster has 51 kcal per 100g and squid 92 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 80%.
In oyster and in squid most calories came from protein.
See tables below to compare oyster with squid in details.
Fact 2: Oyster And Squid Nutrition Difference
Squid vs Oyster: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||2.72 g||3.08 g|
|Fat||1.71 g||1.38 g|
|Protein||5.71 g||15.58 g|
|Water||89.04 g||78.55 g|
|Calcium||59 mg||32 mg|
|Iron||4.61 mg||0.68 mg|
|Magnessium||18 mg||33 mg|
|Phosphorus||1 mg||10 mg|
|Potassium||156 mg||246 mg|
|Sodium||85 mg||44 mg|
|Zink||1 mg||10 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.018 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.09 mg||0.412 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.925 mg||2.175 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.031 mg||0.056 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.85 mg||1.2 mg|
Less protein in oyster
It is aslo easy to see see that in oyster is less protein than in squid.
There is 15.58g per 100g of squid and 5.71g per 100g of oyster so using simple math we can see that difference is about 173%.
Less carbohydrates in oyster
In oyster is less carbohydrates than in squid.
There is 3.08g/100g of carbohydrates in squid and 2.72g/100g in oyster so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 13%.
More fat in oyster
In oyster is more fats than in squid.
The tables above show us that there is 1.38g/100g of fats in squid and 1.71g/100g in oyster. In this case difference is about 24%.
- Carbohydrates2.72 g
- Fat1.71 g
- Protein5.71 g
- Water89.04 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup sliced
- 22% CARBS.
- 47% PROTEIN
- 31% FAT
Vitamins: squid vs oyster
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): squid 11% more than oyster
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): squid 358% more than oyster
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): squid 135% more than oyster
- Vitaminium B6: squid 81% more than oyster
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): oyster 40% more than squid
- Vitaminium E: squid 41% more than oyster
Minerals: oyster vs squid
Compares of oyster
Compares of squid
- Calories from Oyster
- Calories of Actimel
- Calories in Beignet
- Bolillo roll calories per 100g
- Hush puppies carbs per 100g
- Mochi protein per 100g
- Blue cheese dressing fat per 100g
- How many calories does York Peppermint Pattie have?
- Calories in a half of salad dressing
- Calories in whole salad dressing
- Calories for one, two or more salad dressing
- Calories in tablespoon of salad dressing
- Calories in teaspoon of salad dressing
- How much protein in Mahi Mahi?