Oyster vs Shrimp: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Less Calories in Oyster
At first glance, you can see that in oyster is much less calories than in shrimp.
Oyster has 51 kcal per 100g and shrimp 85 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 67%.
In oyster and in shrimp most calories came from protein.
See tables below to compare oyster with shrimp in details.
Oyster And Shrimp Nutrition Difference
Shrimp vs Oyster: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Fat||1.71 g||0.51 g|
|Protein||5.71 g||20.1 g|
|Water||89.04 g||78.45 g|
|Calcium||59 mg||64 mg|
|Iron||4.61 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||18 mg||35 mg|
|Phosphorus||1 mg||214 mg|
|Potassium||156 mg||264 mg|
|Sodium||85 mg||119 mg|
|Zink||1 mg||1.34 mg|
Less protein in oyster
It is aslo easy to see see that in oyster is less protein than in shrimp.
There is 20.1g per 100g of shrimp and 5.71g per 100g of oyster so using simple math we can see that difference is about 252%.
More fat in oyster
In oyster is more fats than in shrimp.
The tables above show us that there is 0.51g/100g of fats in shrimp and 1.71g/100g in oyster. In this case difference is about 235%.
- Fat1.71 g
- Protein5.71 g
- Water89.04 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup sliced
- 22% CARBS.
- 47% PROTEIN
- 31% FAT
Vitamins: shrimp vs oyster
Compares of oyster
Compares of shrimp
- Calories from Oyster
- Calories of Actimel
- Calories in Beignet
- Bolillo roll calories per 100g
- Hush puppies carbs per 100g
- Mochi protein per 100g
- Blue cheese dressing fat per 100g
- How many calories does York Peppermint Pattie have?
- Calories in a half of salad dressing
- Calories in whole salad dressing
- Calories for one, two or more salad dressing
- Calories in tablespoon of salad dressing
- Calories in teaspoon of salad dressing
- How much protein in Mahi Mahi?