Octopus vs Squid: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Octopus vs squid - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in octopus is more calories than in squid.
Octopus has 82 kcal per 100g and squid 92 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 12 %.
In octopus and in squid most calories came from protein.
octopus or squid - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: squid - 12% more than octopus
- Carbohydrates: squid - 40% more than octopus
- Fat: squid - 33% more than octopus
- Protein: squid - 4% more than octopus
- Water: octopus - 2% more than squid
Octopus vs squid nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Carbohydrates||2.2 g||3.08 g|
|Fat||1.04 g||1.38 g|
|Protein||14.91 g||15.58 g|
|Water||80.25 g||78.55 g|
|Calcium||53 mg||32 mg|
|Iron||5.3 mg||0.68 mg|
|Magnessium||30 mg||33 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||10 mg|
|Potassium||350 mg||246 mg|
|Sodium||230 mg||44 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||10 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.03 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.412 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.1 mg||2.175 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.36 mg||0.056 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.016 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium C||5 mg||4.7 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.2 mg||1.2 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in octopus is less protein than in squid.
There is 15.58g per 100g of squid and 14.91g per 100g of octopus so using simple math we can see that difference is about 4 %.
In octopus is less carbohydrates than in squid.
There is 3.08g/100g of carbohydrates in squid and 2.2g/100g in octopus so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 40 %.
In octopus is less fats than in squid.
The tables above show us that there is 1.38g/100g of fats in squid and 1.04g/100g in octopus. In this case difference is about 33 %.
See tables below to compare octopus with squid in details.
- Carbohydrates2.2 g
- Fat1.04 g
- Protein14.91 g
- Water80.25 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 11% CARBS.
- 77% PROTEIN
- 12% FAT
Vitamins: squid vs octopus
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): octopus 50% more than squid
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): squid 930% more than octopus
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): squid 4% more than octopus
- Vitaminium B6: octopus 543% more than squid
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): octopus 220% more than squid
- Vitaminium C: octopus 6% more than squid
- Vitaminium E: squid 0% more than octopus
Minerals: octopus vs squid
Compares of octopus
- Octopus vs Caviar
- Octopus vs Lobster
- Octopus vs Oyster
- Octopus vs Squid
- Octopus vs Shrimp
- see all compares of octopus
Compares of squid
- Calories from Octopus
- Calories of Acerola fruit
- Calories in Queso Fresco
- Blow Pop calories per 100g
- Biscoff cookies carbs per 100g
- Teriyaki sauce protein per 100g
- Ravioli (plain) fat per 100g
- How many calories does Alfredo sauce have?
- Calories in a half of apple salad
- Calories in whole apple salad
- Calories for one, two or more apple salad
- How much protein in horchata?