Octopus vs Shrimp: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Octopus vs shrimp - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in octopus is just a little less calories than in shrimp.
Octopus has 82 kcal per 100g and shrimp 85 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 4 %.
In octopus and in shrimp most calories came from protein.
octopus or shrimp - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: shrimp - 4% more than octopus.
- Fat: octopus - 51% more than shrimp.
- Protein: shrimp - 35% more than octopus.
- Water: octopus - 2% more than shrimp.
Octopus vs shrimp: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Fat||1.04 g||0.51 g|
|Protein||14.91 g||20.1 g|
|Water||80.25 g||78.45 g|
|Calcium||53 mg||64 mg|
|Iron||5.3 mg||0.52 mg|
|Magnessium||30 mg||35 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||214 mg|
|Potassium||350 mg||264 mg|
|Sodium||230 mg||119 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||1.34 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in octopus is less protein than in shrimp.
There is 20.1g per 100g of shrimp and 14.91g per 100g of octopus so using simple math we can see that difference is about 35 %.
Where is more carbs?
In octopus is carbohydrates than in shrimp.
There is 0g/100g of carbohydrates in shrimp and 2.2g/100g in octopus so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 0 %.
Where is more fats?
In octopus is more fats than in shrimp.
Tables below show us that there is 0.51g/100g of fats in shrimp and 1.04g/100g in octopus. In this case difference is about 51 %.
See tables below to compare octopus with shrimp in details.
- Fat1.04 g
- Protein14.91 g
- Water80.25 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 11% CARBS.
- 77% PROTEIN
- 12% FAT
octopus or shrimp - where is more vitamins?
octopus or shrimp - where is more minerals?
Compares of octopus
Compares of shrimp
- Calories from Octopus
- Calories of Acerola fruit
- Calories in Queso Fresco
- Blow Pop calories per 100g
- Biscoff cookies carbs per 100g
- Teriyaki sauce protein per 100g
- Ravioli (plain) fat per 100g
- How many calories does Alfredo sauce have?
- Calories in a half of apple salad
- Calories in whole apple salad
- Calories for one, two or more apple salad
- How much protein in horchata?
- Oyster vs Squid nutrition
- Oyster vs Shrimp calories
- Squid vs Shrimp protein
- Blood Sausage vs Chorizo sugar
- Blood Sausage vs Frankfurter vitamins
- Blood Sausage vs Turkey Frankfurters dietary fiber
- Blood Sausage vs Pepperoni vitaminium C
- Blood Sausage vs Turkey Salami magnessium
- Blood Sausage vs Weiner potassium