Octopus vs Oyster: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Octopus
At first glance, you can see that in octopus is much more calories than in oyster.
Octopus has 82 kcal per 100g and oyster 51 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 61%.
In octopus and in oyster most calories came from protein.
See tables below to compare octopus with oyster in details.
Fact 2: Octopus And Oyster Nutrition Difference
Oyster vs Octopus: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||2.2 g||2.72 g|
|Fat||1.04 g||1.71 g|
|Protein||14.91 g||5.71 g|
|Water||80.25 g||89.04 g|
|Calcium||53 mg||59 mg|
|Iron||5.3 mg||4.61 mg|
|Magnessium||30 mg||18 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||1 mg|
|Potassium||350 mg||156 mg|
|Sodium||230 mg||85 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.03 mg||0.018 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.1 mg||0.925 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.36 mg||0.031 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.016 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.2 mg||0.85 mg|
More protein in octopus
It is aslo easy to see see that in octopus is more protein than in oyster.
There is 5.71g per 100g of oyster and 14.91g per 100g of octopus so using simple math we can see that difference is about 161%.
Less carbohydrates in octopus
In octopus is less carbohydrates than in oyster.
There is 2.72g/100g of carbohydrates in oyster and 2.2g/100g in octopus so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 24%.
Less fat in octopus
In octopus is less fats than in oyster.
The tables above show us that there is 1.71g/100g of fats in oyster and 1.04g/100g in octopus. In this case difference is about 64%.
- Carbohydrates2.2 g
- Fat1.04 g
- Protein14.91 g
- Water80.25 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 11% CARBS.
- 77% PROTEIN
- 12% FAT
Vitamins: oyster vs octopus
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): octopus 67% more than oyster
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): oyster 125% more than octopus
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): octopus 127% more than oyster
- Vitaminium B6: octopus 1061% more than oyster
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): octopus 129% more than oyster
- Vitaminium E: octopus 41% more than oyster
Minerals: octopus vs oyster
Compares of octopus
- Octopus vs Caviar
- Octopus vs Lobster
- Octopus vs Oyster
- Octopus vs Squid
- Octopus vs Shrimp
- see all compares of octopus
Compares of oyster
- Calories from Octopus
- Calories of Acerola fruit
- Calories in Queso Fresco
- Blow Pop calories per 100g
- Biscoff cookies carbs per 100g
- Teriyaki sauce protein per 100g
- Ravioli (plain) fat per 100g
- How many calories does Alfredo sauce have?
- Calories in a half of apple salad
- Calories in whole apple salad
- Calories for one, two or more apple salad
- How much protein in horchata?