Muffin vs Cake: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Muffin vs cake - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in muffin is more calories than in cake.
Muffin has 375 kcal per 100g and cake 290 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 23 %.
In muffin and in cake most calories came from carbs.
muffin or cake - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: muffin - 23% more than cake.
- Carbohydrates: muffin - 10% more than cake.
- Fat: muffin - 50% more than cake.
- Dietary fiber: cake - 36% more than muffin.
- Protein: cake - 71% more than muffin.
- Water: cake - 44% more than muffin.
Muffin vs cake: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Carbohydrates||53 g||47.7 g|
|Fat||16.07 g||8 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.1 g||1.5 g|
|Protein||4.49 g||7.7 g|
|Water||24.96 g||35.9 g|
|Calcium||44 mg||36 mg|
|Iron||1.3 mg||1 mg|
|Magnessium||10 mg||12 mg|
|Phosphorus||39.2 mg||83 mg|
|Potassium||121 mg||118 mg|
|Sodium||336 mg||139 mg|
|Zink||39.2 mg||0.66 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.168 mg||0.081 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.163 mg||0.157 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.418 mg||0.83 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.04 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.63 mg||1.02 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in muffin is less protein than in cake.
There is 7.7g per 100g of cake and 4.49g per 100g of muffin so using simple math we can see that difference is about 71 %.
Where is more carbs?
In muffin is more carbohydrates than in cake.
There is 47.7g/100g of carbohydrates in cake and 53g/100g in muffin so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 10 %.
Where is more fats?
In muffin is more fats than in cake.
Tables below show us that there is 8g/100g of fats in cake and 16.07g/100g in muffin. In this case difference is about 50 %.
See tables below to compare muffin with cake in details.
- Carbohydrates53 g
- Fat16.07 g
- Dietary fiber1.1 g
- Protein4.49 g
- Water24.96 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 57% CARBS.
- 5% PROTEIN
- 39% FAT
muffin or cake - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): muffin - 52% more than cake.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): muffin - 4% more than cake.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): muffin - 41% more than cake.
- Vitaminium B6: cake - 0% more than muffin.
- Vitaminium E: muffin - 37% more than cake.
muffin or cake - where is more minerals?
Compares of muffin
Compares of cake
- Calories from Muffin
- Calories of Falafel
- Calories in Parmesan
- Butter (60% fat) calories per 100g
- Dried cranberries carbs per 100g
- Whisky (whiskey) protein per 100g
- Horseflesh fat per 100g
- How many calories does Sierra Mist have?
- Calories in a half of coconut flour
- Calories in whole coconut flour
- Calories for one, two or more coconut flour
- Calories in tablespoon of coconut flour
- Calories in teaspoon of coconut flour
- Calories in glass of coconut flour
- How much protein in Grey Goose vodka?