Muffin vs Biscuits: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Muffin
At first glance, you can see that in muffin is just a little more calories than in biscuit.
Muffin has 375 kcal per 100g and biscuit 353 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 6%.
In muffin and in biscuit most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare muffin with biscuit in details.
Fact 2: Muffin And Biscuit Nutrition Difference
Biscuit vs Muffin: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||53 g||44.6 g|
|Fat||16.07 g||16.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.1 g||1.5 g|
|Protein||4.49 g||7 g|
|Water||24.96 g||28.9 g|
|Calcium||44 mg||235 mg|
|Iron||1.3 mg||2.9 mg|
|Magnessium||10 mg||18 mg|
|Phosphorus||39.2 mg||0.08 mg|
|Potassium||121 mg||121 mg|
|Sodium||336 mg||580 mg|
|Zink||39.2 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.168 mg||0.356 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.163 mg||0.31 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.418 mg||2.949 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.04 mg||0.035 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.073 mg||0.095 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.9 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.63 mg||1.1 mg|
Less protein in muffin
It is aslo easy to see see that in muffin is less protein than in biscuit.
There is 7g per 100g of biscuit and 4.49g per 100g of muffin so using simple math we can see that difference is about 56%.
More carbohydrates in muffin
In muffin is more carbohydrates than in biscuit.
There is 44.6g/100g of carbohydrates in biscuit and 53g/100g in muffin so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 19%.
Less fat in muffin
In muffin is less fats than in biscuit.
The tables above show us that there is 16.3g/100g of fats in biscuit and 16.07g/100g in muffin. In this case difference is about 1%.
- Carbohydrates53 g
- Fat16.07 g
- Dietary fiber1.1 g
- Protein4.49 g
- Water24.96 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 57% CARBS.
- 5% PROTEIN
- 39% FAT
Vitamins: biscuit vs muffin
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): biscuit 112% more than muffin
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): biscuit 90% more than muffin
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): biscuit 108% more than muffin
- Vitaminium B6: muffin 14% more than biscuit
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): biscuit 30% more than muffin
- Vitaminium C: muffin 350% more than biscuit
- Vitaminium E: muffin 48% more than biscuit
Minerals: muffin vs biscuit
Compares of muffin
- Muffin vs Snickers
- Muffin vs Croissant
- Muffin vs Waffle
- Muffin vs Ice Cream
- Muffin vs Cheese Cake
- Muffin vs Cake
- see all compares of muffin
Compares of biscuit
- Calories from Muffin
- Calories of Falafel
- Calories in Cayenne
- Gouda cheese calories per 100g
- Avocado oil carbs per 100g
- Dried cranberries protein per 100g
- Whisky (whiskey) fat per 100g
- How many calories does horseflesh have?
- Calories in a half of pumpkin bread
- Calories in whole pumpkin bread
- Calories for one, two or more pumpkin bread
- Calories in slice of pumpkin bread
- How much protein in coconut flour?