Whole Milk vs Milk Powder: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Whole milk
At first glance, you can see that in whole milk is much less calories than in milk powder.
Whole milk has 61 kcal per 100g and milk powder 496 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 713%.
In whole milk and in milk powder most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare whole milk with milk powder in details.
Fact 2: Whole milk And Milk powder Nutrition Difference
Milk powder vs Whole milk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Whole milk||Milk powder|
|Carbohydrates||4.46 g||38.42 g|
|Fat||3.46 g||26.71 g|
|Protein||3.1 g||26.32 g|
|Water||88.2 g||2.47 g|
|Calcium||101 mg||912 mg|
|Iron||0.05 mg||0.47 mg|
|Magnessium||5 mg||85 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.3 mg||2.2 mg|
|Potassium||253 mg||1330 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||371 mg|
|Zink||0.3 mg||2.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.02 mg||0.283 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.105 mg||1.205 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.043 mg||0.646 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.034 mg||0.302 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.9 mg||8.6 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.58 mg|
Less protein in whole milk
It is aslo easy to see see that in whole milk is less protein than in milk powder.
There is 26.32g per 100g of milk powder and 3.1g per 100g of whole milk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 749%.
Less carbohydrates in whole milk
In whole milk is less carbohydrates than in milk powder.
There is 38.42g/100g of carbohydrates in milk powder and 4.46g/100g in whole milk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 761%.
Less fat in whole milk
In whole milk is less fats than in milk powder.
The tables above show us that there is 26.71g/100g of fats in milk powder and 3.46g/100g in whole milk. In this case difference is about 672%.
- Carbohydrates4.46 g
- Fat3.46 g
- Protein3.1 g
- Water88.2 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 29% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 51% FAT
Vitamins: milk powder vs whole milk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): milk powder 1315% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): milk powder 1048% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): milk powder 1402% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B6: milk powder 788% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): milk powder 640% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium C: milk powder 856% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium E: milk powder 625% more than whole milk
Minerals: whole milk vs milk powder
- Calcium: milk powder 803% more than whole milk
- Iron: milk powder 840% more than whole milk
- Magnessium: milk powder 1600% more than whole milk
- Phosphorus: milk powder 633% more than whole milk
- Potassium: milk powder 426% more than whole milk
- Sodium: milk powder 12267% more than whole milk
- Zink: milk powder 633% more than whole milk
Compares of whole milk
- Whole Milk vs Cottage Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Gouda Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Buttermilk
- Whole Milk vs Goat Milk
- Whole Milk vs Breast Milk
- Whole Milk vs Sheep Milk
- see all compares of whole milk
Compares of milk powder
- Calories from Whole milk
- Calories of Chicken
- Calories in Lemon juice
- Coffee calories per 100g
- Cocoa carbs per 100g
- Stromboli protein per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan fat per 100g
- How many calories does Boost have?
- Calories in a half of chicken patty
- Calories in whole chicken patty
- Calories for one, two or more chicken patties
- How much protein in brandy and cola?