Whole Milk vs Kefir: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Whole milk
At first glance, you can see that in whole milk is more calories than in kefir.
Whole milk has 61 kcal per 100g and kefir 52 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 17%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in whole milk cames from fat and in kefir from carbs.
See tables below to compare whole milk with kefir in details.
Fact 2: Whole milk And Kefir Nutrition Difference
Kefir vs Whole milk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Whole milk||Kefir|
|Carbohydrates||4.46 g||7.48 g|
|Fat||3.46 g||0.96 g|
|Protein||3.1 g||3.59 g|
|Water||88.2 g||87.26 g|
|Calcium||101 mg||124 mg|
|Iron||0.05 mg||0.04 mg|
|Magnessium||5 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||253 mg||159 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||38 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.02 mg||0.03 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.105 mg||0.172 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.043 mg||0.128 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.034 mg||0.059 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.018 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.9 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.04 mg|
Less protein in whole milk
It is aslo easy to see see that in whole milk is less protein than in kefir.
There is 3.59g per 100g of kefir and 3.1g per 100g of whole milk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 16%.
Less carbohydrates in whole milk
In whole milk is less carbohydrates than in kefir.
There is 7.48g/100g of carbohydrates in kefir and 4.46g/100g in whole milk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 68%.
More fat in whole milk
In whole milk is more fats than in kefir.
The tables above show us that there is 0.96g/100g of fats in kefir and 3.46g/100g in whole milk. In this case difference is about 260%.
- Carbohydrates4.46 g
- Fat3.46 g
- Protein3.1 g
- Water88.2 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 29% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 51% FAT
Vitamins: kefir vs whole milk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): kefir 50% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): kefir 64% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): kefir 198% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B6: kefir 74% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): kefir 260% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium C: whole milk 13% more than kefir
- Vitaminium E: whole milk 100% more than kefir
Minerals: whole milk vs kefir
Compares of whole milk
- Whole Milk vs Cottage Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Gouda Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Buttermilk
- Whole Milk vs Goat Milk
- Whole Milk vs Breast Milk
- Whole Milk vs Sheep Milk
- see all compares of whole milk
Compares of kefir
- Calories from Whole milk
- Calories of Chicken
- Calories in Lemon juice
- Coffee calories per 100g
- Cocoa carbs per 100g
- Stromboli protein per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan fat per 100g
- How many calories does Boost have?
- Calories in a half of chicken patty
- Calories in whole chicken patty
- Calories for one, two or more chicken patties
- How much protein in brandy and cola?
- Buttermilk vs Goat's Milk nutrition
- Buttermilk vs Sheep's Milk calories
- Buttermilk vs Egg protein
- Buttermilk vs Egg White sugar
- Buttermilk vs Boiled Egg vitamins
- Buttermilk vs Butter dietary fiber
- Buttermilk vs Sour Cream 12% vitaminium C
- Buttermilk vs Milk Powder magnessium
- Buttermilk vs Natural Yogurt potassium