Whole Milk vs Greek Yoghurt: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Whole milk
At first glance, you can see that in whole milk is just a little more calories than in Greek yoghurt.
Whole milk has 61 kcal per 100g and Greek yoghurt 59 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in whole milk cames from fat and in Greek yoghurt from protein.
See tables below to compare whole milk with Greek yoghurt in details.
Fact 2: Whole milk And Greek yoghurt Nutrition Difference
Greek yoghurt vs Whole milk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Whole milk||Greek yoghurt|
|Carbohydrates||4.46 g||3.6 g|
|Fat||3.46 g||0.39 g|
|Protein||3.1 g||10.19 g|
|Water||88.2 g||85.1 g|
|Calcium||101 mg||110 mg|
|Iron||0.05 mg||0.07 mg|
|Magnessium||5 mg||11 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.3 mg||1 mg|
|Potassium||253 mg||141 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||36 mg|
|Zink||0.3 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.02 mg||0.023 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.105 mg||0.278 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.043 mg||0.208 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.034 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.01 mg|
Less protein in whole milk
It is aslo easy to see see that in whole milk is less protein than in Greek yoghurt.
There is 10.19g per 100g of Greek yoghurt and 3.1g per 100g of whole milk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 229%.
More carbohydrates in whole milk
In whole milk is more carbohydrates than in Greek yoghurt.
There is 3.6g/100g of carbohydrates in Greek yoghurt and 4.46g/100g in whole milk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 24%.
More fat in whole milk
In whole milk is more fats than in Greek yoghurt.
The tables above show us that there is 0.39g/100g of fats in Greek yoghurt and 3.46g/100g in whole milk. In this case difference is about 787%.
- Carbohydrates4.46 g
- Fat3.46 g
- Protein3.1 g
- Water88.2 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 29% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 51% FAT
Vitamins: Greek yoghurt vs whole milk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Greek yoghurt 15% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Greek yoghurt 165% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Greek yoghurt 384% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B6: Greek yoghurt 85% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Greek yoghurt 40% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium E: whole milk 700% more than Greek yoghurt
Minerals: whole milk vs Greek yoghurt
- Calcium: Greek yoghurt 9% more than whole milk
- Iron: Greek yoghurt 40% more than whole milk
- Magnessium: Greek yoghurt 120% more than whole milk
- Phosphorus: Greek yoghurt 233% more than whole milk
- Potassium: whole milk 79% more than Greek yoghurt
- Sodium: Greek yoghurt 1100% more than whole milk
- Zink: Greek yoghurt 233% more than whole milk
Compares of whole milk
- Whole Milk vs Cottage Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Gouda Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Buttermilk
- Whole Milk vs Goat Milk
- Whole Milk vs Breast Milk
- Whole Milk vs Sheep Milk
- see all compares of whole milk
Compares of Greek yoghurt
- Calories from Whole milk
- Calories of Chicken
- Calories in Lemon juice
- Coffee calories per 100g
- Cocoa carbs per 100g
- Stromboli protein per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan fat per 100g
- How many calories does Boost have?
- Calories in a half of chicken patty
- Calories in whole chicken patty
- Calories for one, two or more chicken patties
- How much protein in brandy and cola?